Upgrading Receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

k3tg

Original poster
Aug 16, 2013
Summerville, SC
I'm looking for some advice on upgrading my receivers. I have a Dish 500 & my 4000 receiver which has been in use since 1998 no longer functions as something internally let go causing a nasty electrical smell. My other receiver is a model 1000 that still functions but if I am going to replace receivers I will replace both of them.

I am considering getting two of the 311 receivers since I do not need any hd or dvr functionality and do not wish to subscribe to hd service.

My question is will these receivers be plug & play or do I need a tech to install them?

Thank You
Tom K3TG

No interest in DVRs? Broadcasters love you.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Get two 211s or a 222 dual tuner both are HDTV and will be future ready as your other equipment dies. Try and buy a new TV set that isn't HD. The 211 isn't a DVR but it can be made into one if you ever decide to join the 21st century.

If you sign a new contract you can get 211s single room HD capable receivers for free that way if you decide in the future you want HD you have that option. If you were to buy them out right and avoid a contract I would recommend one 322G rreceiver

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts