Upgrading, should i get a joey or super joey?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GeorgeF

Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
Getting ready to upgrade but I cant make up my mind, I read the thread about the joeys being slow, are the super joeys worth the extra? Are they faster, I know you have one extra tuner? They are 3 more dollars a month which is the part i dont like. Whats your opinin for those of you who have experienced both? Thanks, George

The Hopper won't be slow, The Joeys are slow.
From what I'm hearing the Super Joeys are much better.
And I've also seen my first Wireless Joey in action and it's better then both of my regular joeys.

But it's wireless, and not sure how reliable it's the connection will be .

Also keep in mind you can only have 1 super Joey.

If you're willing to pay the extra cost for a Super Joey, it will be faster. It has a faster CPU (and more RAM, I think) than regular Joeys.

If you're willing to pay the extra cost for a Super Joey, it will be faster. It has a faster CPU (and more RAM, I think) than regular Joeys.
I do like the speed for sure, but im retired on a fixed income, so i dont like the 3 extra dollars......Thank you all!!!!

Buy one less cup of coffee out for a month and you've paid for it. I am also retired on a fixed income. I prioritize things. I am not overjoyed that, again, we will not see a SS increase next year...

Reactions: sethwell and KAB
I'm on the retirement train as well, however when the military raises their pay, mine goes up as well. Fingers crossed.

As far as the SJ goes, very rarely will anyone on this board tell you to get a Joey over a Super Joey. You just get far to much value out of a super Joey, for a small difference in price. In some states, the taxes are more than the difference.

My regular Joey got so slow it was unbearable. No update, no reset, unplug or anything would fix it. And it continually got worse. Super Joey FTW!

I'm on the retirement train as well, however when the military raises their pay, mine goes up as well. Fingers crossed.

What country's military did you retire from? Retirees from the U.S. military only receive CPI raises, their pay does not go up with increases in active duty pay. It's been that way since way back in the 1950's.

To be honest, I like Super J more, it's true that is more expensive, but if you are ready and you want to pay you will really get better and faster device.
Just my opinion....

Keep in mind that replacing a Joey with a Super Joey MIGHT require wiring changes, if the existing wiring is not up to specs.

The two additional tuners are well worth it. Speed? It's no slouch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)