Upgrading to 211 - Metal Confusion

Shepherd777

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
Okay, I just read a ship-load of posts but my head is still spinnin'.

I am upgrading my old 6000 to a 211. I currently have the 120 package with HBO and the yearly sub to the MPEG-2 HD package. I don't know what exactly that package is called as it is not on my monthly bill. It is billed annually. I currently get all the MPEG-2 content except Zoom.

1. - So does Dish now drop the old HD package giving me credit for the un-used months?

2. - How much is the MPEG-4 HD package WITHOUT the HD-Lite Zoom, and is it billed monthly or yearly?

Thanks,
Bob Sliwa

I think they apply the pre-paid amount to future bills, I don't think they credit it back.

With the new metallic packages, you cannot seperate the Voom channels. It is all bundled together. I believe they still do annual subs, but no pricing is mentioned on the website that I can find. Probably have to call.

As far as I know if you upgrade to the 211 you will be required to go with the HD "metal" packages. All of these packages come with the Voom channels whether you want them or not. The AT120 package becomes the HD Silver package which I believe is somewhere in the region of $77.00 per month with HBO and Locals.

I don't believe they are doing annual billing anymore either.

SatinKzo said:
I but no pricing is mentioned on the website that I can find.

Thanks for the reply.

Exactly. The knuckleheads have no pricing on the website.

BTW I am purchasing the 211 outright, if that makes any difference.

Weezknight said:
The AT120 package becomes the HD Silver package which I believe is somewhere in the region of $77.00 per month with HBO and Locals.

Thanks Weezknight -

If that is correct, then I stand corrected and the knuckleheads DO have pricing on the web site.

It shows Silver for $59.99 so that and HBO should be like $74.00 as I dont want/need locals.

Shepherd777 said:
Thanks Weezknight -

If that is correct, then I stand corrected and the knuckleheads DO have pricing on the web site.

It shows Silver for $59.99 so that and HBO should be like $74.00 as I dont want/need locals.

It's very unfortunate, though. I am holding off on upgrading because it would cost me $14.00 extra per month basically to get Voom channels I don't want. I'm sticking to my HD pak right now.

I looked at the pricing, but one thing that is missing is how many receivers are included in those prices. Does anyone know the answer to that

HDTV Rookie said:
I looked at the pricing, but one thing that is missing is how many receivers are included in those prices. Does anyone know the answer to that

I think they are for one receiver, and each additional receiver is $5.00 for regular receiver, and $6.00 for HD receiver. But I may have read the other threads wrong.

Dish recievers source code

Dish 1000

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts