Upgrading to 4K Equipment (I am "moved")

Status
Please reply by conversation.

george99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 27, 2007
My HR44 just died, and I have been planning to get a 4K TV. So now is the time. I know how to install stuff myself, so no problem there. I just need to know what equipment I will need to upgrade.
I don't want the HS17 because it doesn't have PIP. So either anothe HR44 or HR54. But from what I read, it doesn't work 4K connected directly to the TV. I have to have a client for that. I need a different dish, etc.
Can someone please clarify exactly what equipment I need to buy.

Thanks.

I think you will need an Slimline 3 dish that supports reverse band since most of the 4k programming is now available and that is what you will need as well as an another HR44 or HR54 or C61K or C71k for that.

The HR44 does not support 4K. You'll need an HR54 or an HS17. The 4K tv will require a C61K client.

DTV will not do this upgrade without a truck roll. You may have to move back again, but if you've been moved for a while, you could do it using the movers deal and get a nice bundle of upgrades.

Edit: While not entirely necessary right now, a reverse band LNB seems to be standard practice for 4K upgrades. BTW, while the content is quite limited, the picture quality is impressive.

He won't need a new Dish, he has to have a SWM dish already to work the Hr44, he'll just need a RB LNB in the long run.
As was mentioned, you need the C61K client, which only works for 4k with the HR54.

Make sure you "Move" back before calling in ... and they have been requiring actru c K roll for the upgrade ... look at it this way, everything is Free that way.

He won't need a new Dish, he has to have a SWM dish already to work the Hr44, he'll just need a RB LNB in the long run.
As was mentioned, you need the C61K client, which only works for 4k with the HR54.

Make sure you "Move" back before calling in ... and they have been requiring actru c K roll for the upgrade ... look at it this way, everything is Free that way.

Thanks Guys.
Anyway I just bought the equipment on my own and installed it myself so I didn't have to move back. I got the reverse LNB for $30 new on eBay. I got rid of the SWM16 and the power inserter, and I bought a new HR54 for $150 on eBay. All activated and working now. Didn't get the C61K yet because I don't yet have a 4k tv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts