Upgrading To Directv HD Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

reindeeriv

Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
I signed up for Directv one year ago and I'm upgrading to HD this weekend. I think I currently have a 3 lnb dish and the tech is going to install a 5 lnb oval dish. Can he use the mounting bracket that is already secured to my house or will he have to install a new one? I have two cables coming from my current dish into the house to my 6x8 multi switch...each cable has 2 wires in it...will he have to run additional cables? I'm asking these questions so I can do some prep work before he arrives.

the tech is going to install a 5 lnb oval dish.

Since the PhaseII, the dishes are more elliptical, than oval in shape.

Can he use the mounting bracket that is already secured to my house or will he have to install a new one?

No, it requires its appropriate mast, which is larger/sturdier.

I have two cables coming from my current dish into the house to my 6x8 multi switch...each cable has 2 wires in it...will he have to run additional cables? I'm asking these questions so I can do some prep work before he arrives.

The new 5LNB Ka/Ku dishes have a built-switch that will run up to 4 tuners. At the 5th tuner and up you will need a new Ka/Ku capable multi-switch that they will provide. 4 RG6 lines will come from the dish and go into the multi-switch that will in turn feed-out to the tuner's locations.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts