Upgrading to dish 1000.2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
it has a built in switch so just plug the cable into one of the outputs

Iceberg,

One question... I was looking at a friends setup. She has two ViP211ks connected to a DPP44 switch connected to a 1000.2 here in Grand Forks.

All cables are RG6, short runs, and good signal strength.

Considering the runs from the 1000.2 are each long enough to reach the IRDs why would someone have installed the DPP44?

I thought the three cables from the 1000.2 would be good enough for any existing Dish IRD and that she could connect up to 3 IRDs, even if they were ViP722s using the DishPro seperator.

Is this not correct?

You're correct visiter...the DPP44 is not needed. The ONLY time I can see it being needed is if the tech installed 3 DP Duals or single LNB and not the integrated LNB setup (or if you need more than 4 outputs).

Some of the older D1000 setups had 3 separate LNB's so they needed the switch. What I would do is run the cable directly to the receiver (bypass the switch) and rerun check switch and see if it still works.