Upgrading to DishPro equipment...

Diffused Mind™

Original poster
Aug 29, 2005
Hi everyone, i'm planning to upgrade my dish equip. and I was wondering if it was possible.

Currently I have a 2700 and a 3700 receiver with the dish 500 legacy LNB. The system was originally installed in 1999 and was upgraded to dish 500 in about 2002/2003. However, only the LNB was changed.

I want to upgrade to a four-room setup with two dish 322 receivers, and that requires a DishPro LNB. So, I have a few questions about this setup:

A) Will the smartcards i'm using now work with the 322's? They're the newer orange ones.

B) Do I have to call Dish to reactivate the receivers or whatnot? I'm planning on buying the receivers off of eBay.

C) The legacy receivers (2700/3700) will not work with the DishPro LNB, correct?

Thanks.

Diffused Mind™ said:
Hi everyone, i'm planning to upgrade my dish equip. and I was wondering if it was possible.

Currently I have a 2700 and a 3700 receiver with the dish 500 legacy LNB. The system was originally installed in 1999 and was upgraded to dish 500 in about 2002/2003. However, only the LNB was changed.

I want to upgrade to a four-room setup with two dish 322 receivers, and that requires a DishPro LNB. So, I have a few questions about this setup:

A) Will the smartcards i'm using now work with the 322's? They're the newer orange ones.

B) Do I have to call Dish to reactivate the receivers or whatnot? I'm planning on buying the receivers off of eBay.

C) The legacy receivers (2700/3700) will not work with the DishPro LNB, correct?

Thanks.
A no you can't use them with 322 because the 322 has a card built into the receiver.
B Yes you need to call DISH to activate receivers. Before you buy off Ebay get the R00 & S00 numbers from the seller and call DISH to check there is no outstanding balance owed and that they are not leased receivers that belong to DISH and can't be sold.
C Those receivers are Legacy and require a DP adapter to work with DP LNBs. The 322s will work with Legacy LNBs they are backward compatible.:)

(bobo beat me to it LOL)

A. no, the smartcards on the 322's are imbedded into the reciver. when you activate them dish will know the smartcard id of that reciver and they will have you verify it.

B. yes, you will have to call dish to reactivate it (word of advice, prior to buying the recivers get the R00 and the S00 numbers from the seller to make sure that there isnt a balance on the reciver and the sale is legit) once you get those numbers call dish and verify theres no balance and legit.
C. YEs those recivers wont work with dishpro equipment unless you have a dp adapter hooked up to them.. then yes it will work..

D. you might also want to consider DISH PRO PLUS (the newest LNBF) as they can do both dish pro and legacy with the switches.. not only that one line gets ran to the 322's with dpp. instead of 2 with dp. :) with dpp you have a seperator at where the reciver is for the two inputs and a single line going from the seperator to the dpp lnbf or dpp 44 switch. :)

Hope this helps and WELCOME TO SATGUYS! Feel free to pm me if you have any more questions. :)

Last edited:
Ah excellent, thanks for your help.

Will Dish get annoyed/deactivate me/cancel my account if I upgrade the equipment manually? Also, does Dish charge to activate a new receiver?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)