Upgrading to hd through directv.com

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

snailbiscuit

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2006
kentucky
I am about to upgrade to hd but had some questions. I am currently subscribed to the choice extra package and wanted to upgrade to plus hd dvr. My question is do I need to upgrade my package through their website before I change my equipment to the hd dvr receiver? Or would upgrading the receiver and equipment automatically change the package? How would I go about doing this? Please let me know with as much detail as possible. Thanks!

You would order the HD receiver / installation, then ask them to switch the package when you / installer call to activate the new receiver. No reason to change the package until the equipment is installed.

Ok. When ordering the new hd dvr receiver there is no mention of a new dish, which I will definately need. Will that automatically come with the hd dvr or is there some seperate part of the site where I need to order a new dish?

One more question. When I go to add the receiver how do I let them know that I'm just replacing my living room receiver and not just adding a new receiver?

I don't mean to sound like an idiot but I just want to make sure everything goes right. Thanks for all your responses and help!

Snailbiscut,
Just order the equipment you want and when the installer gets there let him know which rec.'s your turning off and he will let them know when he calls in the information to activate the new one.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts