Upgrading to HD, we'll see how it goes

sigmtr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 3, 2006
Central IL
Well, I bit the bullet and had an exchange with an E* "Executive Communications" rep since I had no luck with the regular web submission. A phone call ensued and I'm set for this Friday to get a 722 and 1000.2 dish to take advantage of the new Toshiba LCD HDTV that I bought recently.

I made it very clear to the rep about some past bad experiences with contract installers and that I owned all equipment outright at this point. That's a 625 IRD, a 105 SuperDish for just 110 and 119, and a 300 wing dish for 61.5. He insisted that they will have to use 129, but I said I wanted to keep the 61.5 option since it's working and I'm east of the Mississippi.

He promised to send a supervisor-level technician, and that had better be true. I have a DP34 switch, and both dishes are mounted on ground poles in concrete, so there's a lot of my own labor invested. The only hitch I can see is that the 2" O.D. pipe for the SuperDish may be too large to mount a 1000.2, but they can always use a pipe adapter of some sort.

If any of the installers on this board came across my situation, what would you do? Leave everything as-is or go ahead and install the 1000.2? Keep the 61.5? I just hope I can work with whoever shows up. Having done all my own install work in the past, it's easy to be disappointed by what others do...

sigmtr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)