Upgrading to HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

not_relevant

Original poster
May 4, 2009
Texas
Current setup is 2 510D receivers and SD Silver
Current Fees:
Solo DVR Receiver 5.00
DISH Network DVR Service Fee 11.96
Leased Receiver Fee 5.00
Locals 5.99

If I go with the 722 for both my 1 HD TV and 1 SD TV then the only fee to be reduced will be the DVR service fee? Is there any bundling i can do to lower costs?
I will also be adding the Silver HD, of course. Thanks for any advice.

The dvr fee will be cut in half and possible the lease receiver fee be waived (if you only have the 722 active on your account). But if you do not hook up a phone line or dsl via eithernet, your bill be raised by the additional tuner fee.

I upgraded last year to the 722 DVR my monthly bill is 75.86 for Classic Silver with HD and DVR advantage (Which includes locals) and I also have Dish Home Protection Plan.(I know alot of people who say its not worth it until you need it ,but I have had very good luck with DHPP,I had to have dish realigned last week due to winds knocking dish around and since I had the plan the company who came out for Dish didnt even charge me the 29.00)Only took the Tech less than 10 minutes to align and tighten dish and tweak signal)
I was in the Cheaper HD only packages but found that the Top 200 gave me what I like to watch even though some channels are in SD.
Please note that even though your upgrading to HD,even the HD channels have limited auctual HD programming.But you can adjust picture to your liking,however HD channels are clearer than SD channels even on non HD programming.I wish I had known all this first hand as I would of waited to get HD until there was more offered,but now I am addicted(I even watch sports on ESPN HD because I love the picture so much,Baseball is great!)

Actually they give you another 3.00 credit each month, through this year if you have dvr advantage . I get it every month and so does my mom and dad.

The OP should not be getting dinged $5 for both receivers. Something is rotten in Texas.

Converting to a Duo DVR would be a step in the right direction outside of the up-front investment.

is there really any savings with DVR advantage? I have a 722 Classic bronze w/ locals and HD. My total bill comes out to just under $60.

The OP should not be getting dinged $5 for both receivers. Something is rotten in Texas.

Converting to a Duo DVR would be a step in the right direction outside of the up-front investment.

Yep. They were charging my Mom $7 a month lease for her single 211. Phone CSR said it was a valid charge, as did online chat CSR. An email to the ceo address finally got it removed. Well, not actually removed. It's still there but has a $7 credit to offset it. :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts