Upgrading to HWS from H2K

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Content is transferring now. It started at 20 hours and very quickly dropped down to 17 hours. After one hour it is now at 15 hours 48 minutes. I did "Select All" to transfer.

Does the Hopper need to be " On" to continue to transfer or can it be powered off?

Last edited:
Everything transferred to the EHD in about 15 hours. It didn't take near as long as I had expected it to for a few hundred hours of content. This morning I watched a couple of the shows from the EHD and they looked good and the audio was okay as well.

Now I'll just have to wait until Tuesday for the HWS's to arrive. Thanks for all the advice and information.

Tom

Well, the Dish guy is here now installing the 2 HWS's and is recommending that the bridging be turned off because of problems with the Joey's. So I guess it's no Netflix or streaming on the bedroom HWS until Dish gets a fix for this bug. Lookin at ROKU's right now. SUCKS!

He was already gone by the time I read your replies. I set it up in the bedroom 1 and bridged it to the family room Hopper that is paired with the master bedroom Joey. I actually used out old wifi connector that was hooked up to the H2K because it gets a better signal than the HWS does. Is there any problems doing it that way?

I backed up both H2K's and all remotes this morning and got Daily Schedule and all Timers back on the family room HWS but lost them all on the bedroom 1 HWS. I'm sure they will come back in a day or two.:clapping"F" word!

I will now attempt to transfer all the items from the EHD back to the family room HWS. Nothin' up my sleeve! Watch closely!

I actually used out old wifi connector that was hooked up to the H2K because it gets a better signal than the HWS does. Is there any problems doing it that way?
Make sure both network connections are not active. That will cause problems. There doesn't appear to be a way to tell it to "forget" either. You have to put in a wrong password on the one you don't want to use. Or, change the WiFi password on the router and only reconfigure it on the USB WiFi adapter.

I backed up both H2K's and all remotes this morning and got Daily Schedule and all Timers back
I had no luck doing that, although I was only able to try and restore it from the Joey. The tech took my old remote from the Hopper before I remembered.

I typed in the wrong pass word on the family room HWS and it said "Failed" three times in red letters. Now it says "Connection Type: MoCA".

This tech didn't even unwrap the new remotes, just left them in the box the HWS came in and put the old H2K's in there as well. Well, I did manage to save the most important settings......the ones that belonged to everyone else, not mine!! At least I won't be in trouble.

Everything went well transferring EHD content back to HWS. Just watched The Edge and it looked great.

Really liking the HWS! Especially like how much faster everything compared to H2K. Menus are quicker, guide is faster as is changing channels, skip forward and back.

Oh, plus Netflix! The movies start really fast, within seconds of selecting play. Pretty good and varied selection of things to watch.

One problem I have come across on HWS is with the Closed Captioning. It works but I was checking out different settings and the Font Style it is stuck on Small Caps (although I can make them bigger). I can change everything else (Size, Color, etc.) but it is stuck on Caps. The Preview shows whatever is selected from the menu but when on Live TV, it's back on Caps. Tried the Reset Defaults, Red button reset and hard reset, nothing changes it from Caps.

Tom out.

It works but I was checking out different settings and the Font Style it is stuck on Small Caps (although I can make them bigger). I can change everything else (Size, Color, etc.) but it is stuck on Caps.
I recall looking at the different font styles and I'm positive I saw them changing based on what I picked, but now you're making me wonder if I was only seeing it in the 'preview' mode.

Haven't seen anyone else report this problem.... Maybe no one changes anything from the default though ! :confused:

Hummm..............just checked the bedroom1 HWS and set the CC for what I wanted and guess what? Caps! Caps when switched to Live TV. So weird! :imshocked

Even weirder, the CC has fixed itself and it will display which ever font that is chosen. Guess I needed to "give it a couple days"!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)