upgrading to HWS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hendo

Original poster
May 4, 2014
Texas
Hi,

Well, I've pulled the trigger to upgrade my triple 722 setup to a dual HWS + 4 joeys, at no charge. I hope this was the right way to go, install is in a week, so I've got time to change it up. I've got 6+ TVs but really only need discrete control over 5, figure I can mirror the remainder with all of the various HDMI splitters, switches I have for my current setup.

One question, can I take an SD signal off the HWS and broadcast it on a channel (using a channel converter) thus simulating that same capability from the 722?

Thanks,
Dave

By channel converter, if you me RF modulator, yes. But, as you said, it would mirror whatever is being watched on the Hopper or Joey you connect to. You could drop one Joey and save yourself $7 a month.

Yep, RF Modulator is what I meant. The wife doesn't really know the difference yet (she's been living in the RF Modulated world of the 722 for some time on the alternate TVs), but once she witnesses the HD goodness of the Joey, I'm sure the SD picture of old will be frowned upon. thanks for the replies!

I hope the three tuners of one Hopper will be enough for you. For $3 month more you could swap one of those Joeys for a Super Joey. This way you'd have five tuners for all your recording/viewing needs.

I hope the three tuners of one Hopper will be enough for you. For $3 month more you could swap one of those Joeys for a Super Joey. This way you'd have five tuners for all your recording/viewing needs.
How many people need glasses in this thread? :) He already mentioned he's getting 2 HWS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)