Upgrading to vip 222k

speterson63

Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
MI
Question I have is can I upgrade to a vip 222k dual tuner receiver from my old legacy solo 4700. Would want to still use my 500 twin until I can upgrade that to the 1000.4 hd. Any ideas on upcharges from Dish? Like hd enabling fee? whatever that is. Thanks

i have two of these and i dont believe there will be a charge for the first HD dual receiver.
you can get HD free for life is you use paperless billing and a 2yrs contract i think it is OR you can pay the one time fee of $100.

call and ask is best thing to do. sounds like your eligible for an upgrade via a 2 year commitment. Through that the equipment would be very cheap to lease if anything, and if you only have 1 recvr on the acct there is no receiver fee to worry about. HD programming options are 10$/month pay as you go, 99$ one time fee or autopay and paperless for HD free for life with a different 2 yr commitment. You also have the option to just have the HD equip with no HD for no charge obviously. I wouldn't upgrade unless you have the HDTV ready, HD recvr + SD TV = worse quality SD. They will replace your 500 twin with a 1000.4 more than likely too. HD requires signal from 3 satellites. 500 only capable of 2.

edit: and you would definately want the new sat. if you did something like deny a new dish, they would install the recvr and when you wanted to activate HD you would miss your channels till you got the new dish.

If you want to lease the receiver from Dish, they will also upgrade the dish on the home (a tech would be required). If you want to purchase a 222(k), I believe the cost is $199 from us, but that may be wrong.

If you want to PM your phone number or account number, I can get you the details.

The 222k will not work right with 1 line from a legacy twin. You will need to run a second line from the dish,replace it with a 1K.4 or replace at least the LNB with a DPP twin at the same time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)