Upgrading without Installer?

drdroo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
Bangor, ME USA
I self-installed my Dish 500 on a tripod back a few years ago. I have 2 boxes with Lease (311), one owned Dish 721, and an owned 311 that I bought off ebay. I own a DP34 as well. My leased boxes and 721 were from a dealer in Ohio. They mailed me the boxes and a Dish500 with Dishpro Quad and credited me 50$ since they didn't have to roll a truck (I'm 1000 miles away from Ohio anyway).

My current dish is still on the tripod, but will be going up on a side of a telecom tower. I don't have any interest in an installer going up on the structure, nor the insurance situations involved with it. I'd prefer just not to deal with an installer at all.

If I were to upgrade to Dish 1000 and leased VIP622 and 2 211s (or maybe VIP622 and 1 211), would there be a way to do this and self-install? Dish Network said this is up to particular dealers and they have nothing to do with self-installs.

I've thought about moving to DishHD, but I'd sooner wait for FIOS TV in 2008 (or so, allegedly) if it meant having a local dealer in the mix.

Thanks in advance.

If you were to upgrade to the Dish1000 you could have the ViP622, and ViP211 on it without a switch.
If you were to add anymore receivers than that you would need the DPP44 switch. You could stay with the DP34 - assuming that you were wanting to run an extra wire to the ViP622 receiver.

I'd probably drop the extra 311 so I could drop the switch.. Unfortunately that doesn't fix the other problem though.

Knew I shoulda bought the DPP44.. oh well, thanks for the info. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts