UPHD is On

Enjoying watching Gilmore Girls in HD. Can't wait until Heartland starts later this fall. Count me as old fashioned. I enjoy watching family friendly shows. Also Chesapeake Shores starts Sunday on Hallmark.

Enjoying watching Gilmore Girls in HD. Can't wait until Heartland starts later this fall. Count me as old fashioned. I enjoy watching family friendly shows. Also Chesapeake Shores starts Sunday on Hallmark.
I looked at Gilmore Girls briefly. While it was widescreen, it didn't look HD at all.

Are you watching the HD channel. My picture looks great. Even when I get close to the tv the picture looks HD.
Yes, I am watching the HD channel. It is the only one I see.... It doesn't look terrible, it just isn't crisp... In fact, it looks like it is a blown up 1:33 picture...

My Gilmore Girls experience has nothing to do with and channel's PQ. It has to do with my wife binge watching all season in the matter of a few weeks and ME having to listen to Lauren Graham's fingernails on a chalkboard voice in a constant rhythm from a room or two away. Closest I've been to a living hell!

My Gilmore Girls experience has nothing to do with and channel's PQ. It has to do with my wife binge watching all season in the matter of a few weeks and ME having to listen to those two "girl's" fingernails on a chalkboard voices in a constant rhythm from a room or two away. Closest I've been to a living hell!

You better not tell her about the Gilmore Girls movies on Netflix, looked great in 4K and that is the only good thing I will say about it.

Was there really a demand for this channel in HD? I mean I've been asking for TvLand in Hd for years , going back to when they showed programs like "Hot in Cleveland" . Now there isn't anything on that channel that is worth anything except "Younger". I guess next in HD will be Another low demand channel like Inspiration channnel 259 . :rolleyes:

Reactions: pattykay
Was there really a demand for this channel in HD? I mean I've been asking for TvLand in Hd for years , going back to when they showed programs like "Hot in Cleveland" . Now there isn't anything on that channel that is worth anything except "Younger". I guess next in HD will be Another low demand channel like Inspiration channnel 259 . :rolleyes:
The bad thing about that is that when Dish inserts a commercial (for a show on INSP) on any other HD channel, the commercial is in HD, even though Dish doesn't carry the channel in HD. People used to have the same complaint about Al Jazeera America (with commercials to promote the channel being in HD) before Dish added the HD feed. Then, that channel folded completely, and people complained about the presumed "replacement" channel, BBC World News, being carried as SD-only. So, there is some demand for HD feeds of these lesser-watched channels, especially if Dish creates demand by running HD commercials on other channels, to promote channels that are currently only carried in SD. :(

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Of course there is! Bluegras has been demanding channels be in HD for years.... :D