Uplink Activity 12/10/08 6:30 PM ET - 20 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I agree, anything that is available for free to people that have to buy an antenna to get it should should not charge someone else to rebroadcast it...and if it does, it should only charge a very limited fee for only the people that actually recieve it. I am not sure if they charge for each customer dish has or if it is based on how many people that actually subscribe to there locals for that channel. But either way, I still think it should be free. Affiliates do not get paid by OTA watchers so why should Satelite watchers wave to pay. I say tell them off E*.

If you are in a contract with Dish Network then you MUST pay a penalty to switch to Directv or cable if you want to continue receiving your stations unless you want it on your credit report.

If that does not bother subscribers then Dish Network is going to lose a boatload of subscribers which will sign new contracts which will not switch even after the dispute is over because of the inconvienance and contract.

Looks like JohnH will have to take over on the uplinks today. I have no power at my home. In the rare spirit of things we actually have snow in Louisiana this morning. I'd say about 3 inches at my house. Never seen that much snow in Louisiana......yeah..yeah...I'm sure all the northerners will pick on me and say only 3 inches! ;)

Yeah, but KRON was the NBC affiliate in those days, now they are just a POS channel. No loss at all IMHO. Of course I get it aany way OTA from 50 miles away.

You're correct Bobby, it's not a big loss. But for me, I can get KRON with OTA on all but 1 receiver and that's where the dang channel is watched. Of course this will be solved very soon when I get my 622 from Dishstore.net and Satelliteguys.us. :)

digiblur,

We had 4 FEET on Christmas Eve a couple years ago. Whole family was over at my sister-in-law's house. We had at least 3 or 4 people shoveling the driveway and clearing off cars almost constantly. Except for the hour or so when we exchanged gifts and ate. About 11pm we all headed for home. My normally 20 minute ride took an hour.

So yeah... I laugh at your 3 inches (hmmm..... I'm certain you've heard that before.... heheheh)

digiblur,

We had 4 FEET on Christmas Eve a couple years ago. Whole family was over at my sister-in-law's house. We had at least 3 or 4 people shoveling the driveway and clearing off cars almost constantly. Except for the hour or so when we exchanged gifts and ate. About 11pm we all headed for home. My normally 20 minute ride took an hour.

So yeah... I laugh at your 3 inches (hmmm..... I'm certain you've heard that before.... heheheh)

Yep. Check your climate versus mine ;) I'm 30+ yrs old and this is the 3rd time I remember it snowing in Louisiana and staying on the ground.

Yea, Here in North Louisiana We get more Ice(Sleet) than Snow and about once every 5 years we get a couple of inches of Ice. We never get snow that sticks but we get Flurries(Micron Snow) maybe once a year.

WLNS did not go off at midnight last night. They now say that due to progress, the deadline has been extended to 7 PM tonight.

Jim

WLNS in the evening news tonight and in screen crawls since states that their agreement with Dish ends a midnight. They claim they asked for a short extension and Dish declined. As with previous disputes, they say they are only asking for a fair amount of what Dish charges to carry the channel "about one penny a day."

Jim

Looks like JohnH will have to take over on the uplinks today. I have no power at my home. In the rare spirit of things we actually have snow in Louisiana this morning. I'd say about 3 inches at my house. Never seen that much snow in Louisiana......yeah..yeah...I'm sure all the northerners will pick on me and say only 3 inches! ;)

OK, I can't resist. That's not even mentionable here. :D:D:D

Hey it's more than we outside my house right now in Vt.:D

If you're in Baton Rouge, I can remember at least 2-3 times it snowed a significant amount in the last 35 years or so. People just up in Shreveport are laughing at you as they get a few inches at least once every other year.

Snow is even more rare here in Austin. We got flurries from that same storm a few days ago. We just have the cold left over now.

"Global Warming" strikes again. ;)

Yes indeed... after all was said and done it was 5.5 inches at the house. They said it was record breaking and hasn't snowed like that here since the 1940's.

You guys can keep the snow, it was neat the first couple of hours but after that I was done! There's still an inch of snow or so this morning and now I have to go pick up all the friggin tree limbs in the yard this weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts