Uplink Activity 4/23/08 1:30 PM EDT

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Dish proved last week they don't always go to sleep after wednesday. Its still very possible that there's more uplinks coming if your market was supposed to get lit up this week but hasn't yet.

were any of the channels turned on today of the group uplinked yesterday?

the uplinks have been being turned on a few weeks after initially uplinked, There's an approximate schedule floating around here that tell about when your market will be lit. If your market wasn't on the list for today it probably won't be lit this week

Not everyone has HD to see Monsters, and Chiller is to have an HD version in the future, and you cant add the HD unless you have the SD.

So it covers both camps.

Remember the SD masses may not be as vocal, but they deserve a bone tossed there way too!

With that said, Wheres more new HD?!?!?!?!?

Not everyone has HD to see Monsters, and Chiller is to have an HD version in the future, and you cant add the HD unless you have the SD.

So it covers both camps.

Remember the SD masses may not be as vocal, but they deserve a bone tossed there way too!

With that said, Wheres more new HD?!?!?!?!?

+1:up wheres more National HD

No new national HD today was expected IMHO but not uplinking any more national HD for availability next week is disappointing. There's no way Dish is going to make all the national HD channels they mentioned available by May 1st at this pace.

No new national HD today was expected IMHO but not uplinking any more national HD for availability next week is disappointing. There's no way Dish is going to make all the national HD channels they mentioned available by May 1st at this pace.
Ahh not so fast...

I took a look at the HD Temp Channels today on 61.5 and they are no longer all the same bitrate (indicating a static slate)

But today there is actual programming on all of those Temp Channels.

Take a look for yourself. :)

Attachments

• tempts.jpg
    tempts.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 433
The SD Feeds showed up Monday afternoon:)
My receiver is set to show HD and SD nationals together in the list.

Is there a way to NOT show SD national in the list if there is an HD available?

Also, Allegedly Jackson, MS HD locals were turned on today. That doesn't help me right now since I don't have a 61.5 dish. When I am able to get HD locals, the will I still have to deal with an SD AND an HD version in the list?

I'm pretty sure I just got lied to by a CSR. that does not really surprise me though. it's what the lie consisted of. What jennifer(who had the most intense Indian accent i have ever heard from someone named jennifer) told me was that i would not need the second dish to pick up my HD locals. I was under the impression that everyone who was getting the HD locals needed the second dish? are there exceptions to that rule? I am located in the Jackson, MS market.

Ahh not so fast...

I took a look at the HD Temp Channels today on 61.5 and they are no longer all the same bitrate (indicating a static slate)

But today there is actual programming on all of those Temp Channels.

Take a look for yourself. :)

Whoa, that's great news. I stand corrected. I guess this is E*'s way of testing channels now without showing a specific name in the hidden EPG. Thanks for the info Scott.