Uplink Activity 5/12/08 11:55 PM EDT 10 VOOMs gone.

I'm glad they decided to keep Rave, that's the only voom channel I regularly watch.

It was really getting lame with the content on those voom channels... I mean, a 2-3 year old Pan American Games repeated constantly on World Sport?

I think that this is a DISH conspiracy to give Satellite Guys members something to talk about! ;)

La Liga in HD will definitely be missed...

I don't understand. so many people here were complaining about the voom channels and how they should get rid of these for other more popular channels. that voom barely had any new content. don't get where all this complaining is coming from now. this definitely means that more new hd channels coming to us.

I agree!!! I was just reading a thread the other day about Voom channels showing the same content and why don't they use that bandwidth and get new hd channels.....Well, the saying is. . You can't make everyone happy!

I agree!!! I was just reading a thread the other day about Voom channels showing the same content and why don't they use that bandwidth and get new hd channels.....Well, the saying is. . You can't make everyone happy!
The people that have the channels they want don't bitch. Human nature. Take away the channels we want, and there'll be lots of bitching.

I'm glad they decided to keep Rave, that's the only voom channel I regularly watch.

It was really getting lame with the content on those voom channels... I mean, a 2-3 year old Pan American Games repeated constantly on World Sport?

+1

There needs to be a thread put out to see what the most favorite 5 Voom channels there are, then let Dish take a look at it! Might get our top five!

I just saw the EARNINGS REPORT thread and the CEO says that ALL the Voom channels will be going away.

Dish Network - The Leader in Stretch-o-vision HD

ok. so bring on anything D has that we don't plus more! they proved yesterday that it wasn't a bandwidth issue so get going dish

I'm glad you guys...

finally got the national HD channels that Directv has had for months, plus a couple that Directv doesn't have. Sorry they trashed the VOOM channels for those that liked them. With the space opened up Charlie could still turn the "Superstation Package" HD...that would be another coop that Directv couldn't match.

For me though up here in the Great NW it doesn't matter till they replace that hunk-o-junk 129 :(

I just saw the EARNINGS REPORT thread and the CEO says that ALL the Voom channels will be going away.

Dish Network - The Leader in Stretch-o-vision HD

Why didn't they delete all of them at once,and get it the anger/hurt over with, when the others are deleted we will see the same postings we are seeing over the 10 deletes last night, I for one am not happy with what happened, but if it's going to happen so be it.

Bob

Why didn't they delete all of them at once,and get it the anger/hurt over with, when the others are deleted we will see the same postings we are seeing over the 10 deletes last night, I for one am not happy with what happened, but if it's going to happen so be it.

Bob

Who knows, maybe it's a way of telling VOOM that they want to keep those 5 and put the other 10 in a separate package, or keep those 5 and get rid of the other 10, etc.

Charlie can't TELL VOOM what it wants but it might be able to signal it to them.

Of course, your guess is as good as, if not better than, mine.

It is not the channels. It is the way it was done. Add 22, announce great numbers and cut 10 channels(in the middle of the night) without any announcement or reduction in the numbers. Just stinks. People had paid for packages with those channels in them.

So they can just drop down to HD essentials, Dish is not holding a gun to their heads. I'm sure you could coax a CSR to also give you a month of HD for free if you're this pissed off.

Maybe Charlie has 10 new national HD channels he wants to light up so he deleted the 10 less popular Voom channels to give him the bandwith he needed to give us more new HD. I for one could take or leave Voom. It was all Hd and had some good stuff, but 99% of the time it was stuff I had watched before, so I am looking forward to Charlie using that bandwith for some additional HD channels. Even if they are not all HD all the time, at less what they do have in HD will be new to me.

Look at those threads and look at the names of the people bitching about Voom and asking for its removal.

Look at the threads and the names of people bitching about LOSING the Voom channels. How many people bitching about are now bitching about losing voom?

Answer: None.

See ya
Tony

Everybody wanted what Direct has, but nobody said they were the "leader in strech-o-vision"?

exactly! what's happening now is what many were claiming for. screaming and yelling for. why is this a problem now. it's logical to think that E has more channels lined up for us very very soon. we'll have what D has if not more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)