Uplink Activity for 4/24/08 4 PM EDT

nope. The 921/942/6000 & 811 are MPEG2 HD capable receivers that are on the old grandfathered plan.
9.99 for 5 channels

so likely for the forseen future I would suspect Dish would leave those channels at the 110/119 in a MPEG2 format.

We all also got to realize that the Eastern arc will duplicate a lot of what is at 110/119/118/119 for the new customers who are sold this service so we'll see a lot of channels added to 61.5 that will not be removed from the other slots for a long time.

It would be nice if they released those to subs quickly. They're probably running at 1440x1080 instead of the 1280x1080 downrezzed bit starved MPEG2.

I'm hanging out for EA before a pull the trigger on getting DishNetwork.

I'm hanging out for EA before a pull the trigger on getting DishNetwork.

Ironically, I think there are a few subs (like myself) who are waiting to see what EA offers before they pull the plug on Dish Network.

???? Big Band the TV Show??? or is that the more HD soon Dish talk???
????? I'm not sure what you're talking about (you didn't include any quoted post for context).

Earlier there was mention of a "big bang" (with a G). I take this to mean they're hoping a bunch ("bunch" used very loosely) of HD channels will be made available next week if none are made available in the remainder of this week. "Big bang", "open the flood gates", or a host of other metaphors...

Ironically, I think there are a few subs (like myself) who are waiting to see what EA offers before they pull the plug on Dish Network.

Maybe if DirecTV had the HD Only Pak like Dish they'd sway a few people like myself until then I'm still leaning towards picking up DishNetwork.

digi, do you know what resolution those channels will be the same way you knew Mobile wouldn't get NBCHD yet? :) or is it just speculation?

Maybe if DirecTV had the HD Only Pak like Dish they'd sway a few people like myself until then I'm still leaning towards picking up DishNetwork.

I have seen a few posts saying that a hd only COULD be available on Direct as early as Janurary of 09.

Things are definitely getting interesting. It looks like EA will be not only MPEG-4 only but also HD-preferred, meaning for example, they'll eventually put a copy of scifi-hd there, but never scifi-sd, since every ViP MPEG-4 receiver (so far) receives HD channels. Theoretically, a future ViP SD-only receiver could in fact be a HD receiver with no HD outputs, if it would even make sense to build a separate version.

They added seven of the HD National that are on 110 to 61.5 using MPEG4. Are these MPEG2 Channels on 110? If so when is the other shoe (129) going to drop?
An interesting possibility is that since these are on 61.5, they could mirror them on 129 and free up enough space on 110 for 12-14 national HD channels.
This would coincide with the necessity to not authorize any 921 or 942's, and it would match nicely with the CSR's statement that "all the new national HD will be on 110" (see thread in Dish Network Forum).

An interesting possibility is that since these are on 61.5, they could mirror them on 129 and free up enough space on 110 for 12-14 national HD channels.
This would coincide with the necessity to not authorize any 921 or 942's, and it would match nicely with the CSR's statement that "all the new national HD will be on 110" (see thread in Dish Network Forum).

I don't think the eastern arc calls for any more national hd (other than the USA and Sci Fi hds) to be added to 110.

LOL. Even at the retailer chat they made the mistake of showing both those on 61.5

If DirecTV offered a HD Only Pak in Jan when my E* contract ran out I would have switched and not looked back. The main reason I stayed was the dishHD (only) package gave me nearly everything I wanted, at a much lower price, while I waited for Dish to finally offer my HD Locals and SciFi HD*.

Talon Dancer

* Of course Dish still managed to miss the first two episodes of BSGs 4th season :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts