Uplink Activity for August 16, 2006

mwgiii said:
I wonder why they are changing on the Birmingham PBS (also used as the local PBS for Alabama DMAs)?
Looks like they are just further consolidating it, WAIQ Montgomery was already on TP31, now WBIQ and WEIQ are there too.

Both 29 and 31 spotbeams cover all but the southeastern corner of the state, but no sense having a duplicated channel on both.

goaliebob99 said:
Yes they are :p.. (for those of you that dont know im in transit between ft jackson and fort gordon right now. I just happened to have a 3 day stop in chicago prior to leaving for fort gordon.) So thus I sit in my living room watching Food hd :)

I did my basic at Jackson and my AIT at Gordon, are you signal?

Gordon has the biggest track I've ever seen, one lap is like 3 miles.

31C last of a dead MOS. :)

LASooner said:
I did my basic at Jackson and my AIT at Gordon, are you signal?

Gordon has the biggest track I've ever seen, one lap is like 3 miles.

31C last of a dead MOS. :)

YEP, I was a 31R, they changed the mos numbering and now im a 25Q... thats being fased out to 25F wich was 31F..

WMUR is now up for all NH residents in the Burlington VT DMA!!!

waltinvt said:
We never had it that good when I was yer age sonny:D ..............

Don't git lost on Tobacco Road.:)

Hey Walt!!! WMUR is UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally we get NH news. Heres the story if WMUR is NOT showing up on your guide on channel 66 or on 6633. You have to call dish and verify that its available to you. You can also check your address on dishnetwork.com for local channel availability. The Burlington DMA package has been changed to Burlington Plus. This also goes for the Portland-Auburn ME package has been renamed to Portland-Auburn Plus. They also announced the change on the WMUR news tonite at 6 my friends called me to let me know about it.

When I called customer service tonite about it they said I should be getting it but they had to transfer me to Tech support to actually send the hit to turn on WMUR.

For those that have the newer receivers WMUR is on Channels 66 and 6633

For those that have older receivers WMUR is on channel 6633

okedoke.

hey is there any down rezzing going on at that tp since they have 3 1080i channels on that TP

ExpressVu use to have 30 radio stations that a FTA box could pick up legally. They have been up since 99 and all of a sudden EVu scrambled them.

Right now the audio channels (not Sirius but 920-982 audio) are FTA and can be picked up with a FTA box. Scott is thinking they might scramble them

BFG said:
okedoke.

hey is there any down rezzing going on at that tp since they have 3 1080i channels on that TP

Not sure if you want 61.5 or 129. On 61.5 FOOD is 1920x1080i, mpeg2, somewhere between 10.5 and 11.3mbit. I only tested a minute long clip, too tired to do more tonight. (I assume you wanted FOOD too?)

ok so at 61.5 they have 3 1080i cahnnels on a TP in mpeg2

so that shouldn't make any excuse for HDNet movies etc and the voom channels

Yeah, but the bitrates are terribly low. 11.3 for FOOD, 12.4 for HD Demo, and I dont know which is the third channel there? But I bet its bitrate is only 13-ish. Its too bad they cant squeeze another 4-6 mbit out of a transponder (cant they switch to another modulation?) which would allow for a channel like Food to be at say 12mbit, and have 2 others around 15mbit. With the variety of HD channels, they could certainly mix high and low bitrate channels in such a way to achieve better results!

But I see your point about the resolution, no need for 1280. I havent tested Vooms in a long time, but I seem to recall many were down in the 9-11 range even at the 1280x1080 resolution.

Kirby Baker said:
Yeah, but the bitrates are terribly low. 11.3 for FOOD, 12.4 for HD Demo, and I dont know which is the third channel there? But I bet its bitrate is only 13-ish. Its too bad they cant squeeze another 4-6 mbit out of a transponder (cant they switch to another modulation?) which would allow for a channel like Food to be at say 12mbit, and have 2 others around 15mbit. With the variety of HD channels, they could certainly mix high and low bitrate channels in such a way to achieve better results!

But I see your point about the resolution, no need for 1280. I havent tested Vooms in a long time, but I seem to recall many were down in the 9-11 range even at the 1280x1080 resolution.

9468 - INHD - 61.5W TP 20
9462 - FOOD - 61.5W TP 20
9443 - HDTV3 - 61.5W TP 20

Scott Greczkowski said:
I dont like the sounds of it, I hope they dont do what expressvu just did with theirs. :(
The few remaining unencrypted SIRIUS channels were encrypted a few weeks ago. :(

Have to pay $5 a month for Bluegrass now. :)

Qh! 2905 channels in the system now.

Last edited:
Kirby Baker said:
Yeah, but the bitrates are terribly low. 11.3 for FOOD, 12.4 for HD Demo, and I dont know which is the third channel there? But I bet its bitrate is only 13-ish. Its too bad they cant squeeze another 4-6 mbit out of a transponder (cant they switch to another modulation?) which would allow for a channel like Food to be at say 12mbit, and have 2 others around 15mbit. .

Bastards! I thought the quality of Food HD looked sh!tty when I got home last night off of 61.5 - and this would explain it. They're giving a damn demo channel more than Food? Time to start the emails. I was comparing it to HG HD and it seemed much grainier. :mad:

(The 3rd channel would be INHD)

811 not taking remote signal

New local network feeds planned ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)