8669 - TST51 added to 119.0W TP 16

9426 - NFLHD moved from 129.0W TP 10 to 129.0W TP 27

9435 - STZHD moved from 129.0W TP 10 to 129.0W TP 27

9970 - KABC moved from 129.0W TP 27 to 129.0W TP 10

9971 - KCBS moved from 129.0W TP 27 to 129.0W TP 10

9972 - KNBC moved from 129.0W TP 27 to 129.0W TP 10

Channels in the system: 2905

LASooner said:
I did my basic at Jackson and my AIT at Gordon, are you signal?

Gordon has the biggest track I've ever seen, one lap is like 3 miles.

31C last of a dead MOS. :)
I did indoctrination & processing at Jackson and basic at Gordon in Aug - Sept '66. As I remember Gordon was signal and MPs but that was a lonnnnng time ago:D

n1wbd said:
Hey Walt!!! WMUR is UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally we get NH news. Heres the story if WMUR is NOT showing up on your guide on channel 66 or on 6633. You have to call dish and verify that its available to you. You can also check your address on dishnetwork.com for local channel availability. The Burlington DMA package has been changed to Burlington Plus. This also goes for the Portland-Auburn ME package has been renamed to Portland-Auburn Plus. They also announced the change on the WMUR news tonite at 6 my friends called me to let me know about it.

When I called customer service tonite about it they said I should be getting it but they had to transfer me to Tech support to actually send the hit to turn on WMUR.

For those that have the newer receivers WMUR is on Channels 66 and 6633

For those that have older receivers WMUR is on channel 6633

Does that mean anyone in the Burlington DMA gets it? I can spit into NH but I'm actually in Vt. Also, is 6633 the digital signal ?

n1wbd said:
Nah notme :D :D :eureka :up :up

Finally watched the 11pm news from NH after being without for 5 yrs.

That's ok, not much happened in NH during those 5 years anyway. Oh, almost forgot, the face fell off the 'ol man in the mountain a few years back but that's about it.:)

JohnH said:
Only those in NH. It is same signal as in basic locals in the Boston Market.

That stinks but it's a perfect example of how screwed up these laws are. WMUR has always been more of a "local" station to this part of Vt than the ABC out of Burlington. In fact, I think it's even physically closer. I'm at 800 feet ASL with a $500 antenna, rotor & amp and I've never been able to get a flicker of signal from Burlington yet they claim us in their DMA. WMUR has ALWAYS been part of the basic cable in this area but they stick it in the Boston DMA. The whole Eastern half of Vt is in this situation.

Neutron said:
What's Food-HD's bitrate on 129?

I don't have a clue, but a heck of a nice picture. I got home about 7:15 PM central and Yankee doodle griller was cooking. Great I thought and called my wife in to see. Hmmm grilled tomato's and WHAT ,,,,,SQUID,,, bllleech. I left the room with my wife while she was going bleeeeech. Then I heard ,,, we will just leave the heads on blllllllleeeeeeeeeeechhhhhh. Sorry for you sea food lovers but I'll stick to conventional cooking. :yikes

But the picture was GREAT, ha, ha.

Hmmm grilled tomato's and WHAT ,,,,,SQUID,,, bllleech. I left the room with my wife while she was going bleeeeech. Then I heard ,,, we will just leave the heads on blllllllleeeeeeeeeeechhhhhh. Sorry for you sea food lovers but I'll stick to conventional cooking.
I saw that and felt the same way. :)

That tomato/squid/bread grilling is what I tested the bitrate on last night :) The squid looked.... yummy! NOT!

I dont have a way to test the bitrate on InHD (that I am aware of). But I'll put good money that its getting less than 13mbit.

Ok, technical question here, can Dish not successfully run their 8PSK transponders with 5/6 FEC? If they could, they would boost transponder bitrates enough that 3 HD channels could each get about 16.5mbps and be full res! As is stands now, but my calculations (could be wrong here) at 2/3 FEC they get just about 40mbps overall bitrate on a 8PSK transponder. Of course if they could do 16QAM at 3/4 FEC, they would yield just about 60mbps per transponder, but then I guess only the newer mpeg4 receivers can handle that? Maybe 16QAM isnt very good for satellite transmission? (I admit I didnt follow the whole discussion a month or 2 ago about 16QAM, and dont remember the conclusions).

Last edited:
Scott Greczkowski said:
The SatelliteGuys.US Uplink Activity Report - 08/17/2006 - 14 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 08/16/2006 10:21P - 08/17/2006 07:52A
<...>
Channels in the system: 2905

Hmm, didn't happen other expected move at 1am MT ...

Kirby Baker said:
That tomato/squid/bread grilling is what I tested the bitrate on last night :) The squid looked.... yummy! NOT!

I don't know if anyone noticed but when Bobby cut into the squid, I heard a SQUISH sound pretty clear on my 5.1 DD!

Gross!

All the HD receivers back to the 6000 can do 16QAM. But, the rain fade increases as you increase the bit rate. 16QAM needs a lot more power than either 61.5 or 129 can pump out. Perhaps in a spot on E10, but that is probably going to have rain fade issues.

Same thing with going from 2/3 to 3/4 or 5/6 FEC just increases rain fade chances. R1 at 61.5 could probably do 5/6 without problem (some old voomers used to complain) but E3 is only single power and so is E5 at 129.

ClevelandRob said:
I don't know if anyone noticed but when Bobby cut into the squid, I heard a SQUISH sound pretty clear on my 5.1 DD!

Gross!

I have to tell ya, not only did I not pay attention to the video of the squid, but I had the sound off! Thank God!

Kirby Baker said:
I have to tell ya, not only did I not pay attention to the video of the squid, but I had the sound off! Thank God!

Many times in the past few days I thought -- oh, if only HD had smellovision. But the squid was the one time I was glad it did not! :haha

811 not taking remote signal

New local network feeds planned ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts