New local network feeds planned ??

minnow

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 5, 2003
Anyone know if E* has any plans at all to add the remaining network feeds from locations not yet served ? I don't know how many DMA's are left but as one who is not yet served, it would be nice to be able to get our local channels some day.

yes there are lots! i dont know whitch ones are being looked at. scott would know more. i think they will work agressivly this fall on the locals.

I wonder if thats how E* plans to work around the distant nets shutoff court order. Although I'd guess there would still be many thousands of customers that would not get their locals as they live in a DMA with no locals, many more current DNS subs would be given at least something to replace the DNS.

i do honestly belive thats there backup plan. and of course it boosts there service at the same time. all thoughs people that want it and the new accounts they will get from it also. and your corect it will always effect thousands of people that will never see locals.

I was told by my local Radio shack store in Rochester Mn that my locals would be available this fall. I know that this has been said by many salesman so I am skeptical. But he knows I am not in the market for a new system and he also said it would not be HD so hopefully what his people told him was good info.

craig559 said:
I was told by my local Radio shack store in Rochester Mn that my locals would be available this fall. I know that this has been said by many salesman so I am skeptical. But he knows I am not in the market for a new system and he also said it would not be HD so hopefully what his people told him was good info.

The only issue right now is Dish screwed up the spotbeam and it doesn't cover the far SE corner of the state.

There are 2 TP's that cover most of the DMA...TP4 & 12

TP4 has 10 locals (Mpls) on it
TP12 has 6 locals (Duluth) but the TP only registers a 76 or so here in SW suburbs of Mpls

so if they can figure ouot how to jack up power on TP12 they may put them there. They have 6 to put (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, 2 PBS)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)