Uplink Activity for Monday, Feb 06, 06.

nickg420 said:
Wish they would release a rollout calendar or something, so those of us on the list of the first cities would at least have an idea of some kinda timeframe yanno??

That would be great, I am in cleveland market (#16 I believe, and would love to know, as my parents are waiting till then to upgrade~)

Just to make note of it. The Universal HD "Mpeg4" has moved from 129 to 110 on channel 9427. Of course, it really is Mpeg2, but this will give all HD receivers access.

weird that they moved it, maybe they didn't want to waste another encoder running the same channel. But they still have the 2 channels set up?

JohnH said:
Minneapolis Local HD Nets
6347 KSTP ADDED TO Tp 9 ConUS beam on EchoStar 5 at 129w

6348 WCCO ADDED TO Tp 9 ConUS beam on EchoStar 5 at 129w

6349 KARE ADDED TO Tp 9 ConUS beam on EchoStar 5 at 129w

6350 KMSP ADDED TO Tp 9 ConUS beam on EchoStar 5 at 129w

Philadelphia Local HD Nets
6353 WPVI ADDED TO Tp 11 on Rainbow 1 at 61.5w

6354 KYW ADDED TO Tp 11 on Rainbow 1 at 61.5w

6355 WCAU ADDED TO Tp 11 on Rainbow 1 at 61.5w

6356 WTXF ADDED TO Tp 11 on Rainbow 1 at 61.5w

Perhaps a good sign that they leave two empty locations (number wise) between markets. Could be an indicator of WB (CU future) or PBS in there up the road...

masterdeals said:
Perhaps a good sign that they leave two empty locations (number wise) between markets. Could be an indicator of WB (CU future) or PBS in there up the road...

they have done that for all the locals.. but the big question is will echostar pick up independants in hd.. for instance... here in chicago.. we get abc,cbs,nbc,fox,WGN (WB, CW) and PBS but.... WCIU will air bulls, whitesox, and cubs games in HD sometime starting this springtime. Also with WPWR upn, that one is still up in the air from the merger. That station is also in full hd :)

JohnH said:
Just to make note of it. The Universal HD "Mpeg4" has moved from 129 to 110 on channel 9427. Of course, it really is Mpeg2, but this will give all HD receivers access.
When will it be made available to us poor Mpeg-2 souls? Will it be up 24/7 or only when Olympic programming is running?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts