Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Good Morning

130am uplink activity :)

Echostar 110

240 WABC Left the building
250 KABC Left the building

TP Frequency: 12.574 GHz is now Resting :D.. (not for long though as it will have use again by Friday :) )

BFG said:
it wont be a live feed though
Although I understand what you're saying specifically about the HD feed, the rest of the Olympic coverage from the NBC networks is rarely live. They instead edit together a prime-time package of the most compelling stuff highlighting the USA team's activities. There might be the occasional live bit but I expect most of it to be heavily edited.

Pepper said:
Although I understand what you're saying specifically about the HD feed, the rest of the Olympic coverage from the NBC networks is rarely live. They instead edit together a prime-time package of the most compelling stuff highlighting the USA team's activities. There might be the occasional live bit but I expect most of it to be heavily edited.

Especially because primetime in the USA will be sometime in the early morning in Torino, Italy. :)

My 721 glitched when they downgraded my programming showing the following in the EPG but would not tune to the station ...

123 FREE 1 PIRATE TV
149 FSC
151 TEST
196 FREE3
199 CARD EXCHANGE INSTRUCTION VIDEO
*203* Bloomberg Television shown in blue on the left in the channel number box maybe as if it could be purchased, the same on Showtime, TMC, Starz channels
251 WB
258 INFO
272 FTRAW
932 AUDIO METRO
942 TEJNO
994 DOMIN
7717 WTJR (Christian)
7919 WMBB (13) ABC (Central Time)
7336 WCLP PBS (Central Time)
8106 WNET
8794 KSWB
9879 CHNL6
9918 EPSKI PPV Sports
9983 ETC3

Some channels showed up as they should and some channels were in red and would not show up that should have such as USA. I had to reboot the receiver in order for it to get back to normal.

Same happened to me. It killed my WCBS HD feed that I get from E* as well. Didn't realize it until I got home and saw a weird error message on my screen. Rebooted the receiver, and redid the timers for the west coast feeds.

ANYONE who has an E* PVR should have the distant nets as programming insurance. My 921 has been especially flaky lately, needing a few reboots a week. I'm a little forgiving today since they gave me WABC DT for the Super Bowl, but I'm counting the days until 2/22 when my 622 shows up. I'm hoping the experience will be more like the 942 than the 921. Based on the number of gripe posts, I'm guessing the 942 had about 80% less problems than the 921.

It looks like Nashville, and Chicago HD LIL may be up.. and running in mpg4
as I have three discriptors for it.. one EPG, One Mpg2 and MPG4..
6312 WLS 0x93 .. 0x86: ..#(... 0x80: .&...

..#(... means not avaiable to subs... ...... or ...A.. something to that maganatunde means avaiable to subs..

Its unusal to have 3 discrypters like this None of the other Mpg 4 channels are setup like this. Can anyone verify this????

goaliebob99 said:
It looks like Nashville, and Chicago HD LIL may be up.. and running in mpg4
as I have three discriptors for it.. one EPG, One Mpg2 and MPG4..
6312 WLS 0x93 .. 0x86: ..#(... 0x80: .&...

..#(... means not avaiable to subs... ...... or ...A.. something to that maganatunde means avaiable to subs..

Its unusal to have 3 discrypters like this None of the other Mpg 4 channels are setup like this. Can anyone verify this????
All this hack talk...I'm embarrassed to be here. Where's JL when you need him?:D

mikew said:
All this hack talk...I'm embarrassed to be here. Where's JL when you need him?:D

Luckily its all public information (something the guys at the other side don't seem to grasp) and there is no hacking involved. :)

Hokie if x86 is mpg4 then what is the x80 tier.. these channels are the only channels in system that have 3 descripters like this.. im kindof intrested what this x80 tier is

Scott Greczkowski said:
My 921 did that the other day giving me all the strange hidden channels.

Ditto. It did it to me yesterday. I couldn't access the channels but they were in my guide. I also lost WCBS DT for yesterday until I rebooted. Rerecorded King of Queens and How I met your Mother that didn't get recorded off the HD feed by recording the west coast feeds.

Not sure where you're seeing 0x80. I see 0x93, 0x86, 0x84 on WLS. I'm not exactly sure what info 0x93 and 0x84 contain. Possibly blackout restrictions? P. Smith might be able to shed some more light on that.

0x86 is the important one, which still shows the channel in the engineering/test tier, not available to subscribers.

0x86 is not specific to channel type. It is listed for every channel in the system. The channel type is found in the NIT, and all true mpeg4/AVC channels have a type of 0xA4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)