Uplink activity for the week of Monday april 3rd 06

Ok goalie your software got a little confused.

the 2 test channels were on Tp 13 and moved to TP22
the nashville hd locals were on tp 6 and they moved to 13
ESPN2-HD was on TP 19 and moved to 6

Last edited:
nuts4scuba said:
I thought HGTV was going to launch Monday and Food in June.
Oops! That must be it. Food HD is coming in June so I doubt they'd uplink it this early. So people are thinking HGTV HD and National Geographic HD? It might be those but like scuba, I also think that it might be Starz HD since we inked a renewal deal with Starz recently.

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
Oops! That must be it. Food HD is coming in June so I doubt they'd uplink it this early. So people are thinking HGTV HD and National Geographic HD? It might be those but like scuba, I also think that it might be Starz HD since we inked a renewal deal with Starz recently.

I hope it's NGEOHD. I want more HD channels to justify the cost of the metal package :)

BFG said:
Ok goalie your software got a little confused.

the 2 test channels were on Tp 13 and moved to TP22
the nashville hd locals were on tp 6 and they moved to 13
ESPN2-HD was on TP 19 and moved to 6

your right, that was my fault... I had the two files backwards compared to the way they normally are.

So are you guys really seeing 2 HD channels in testing (I dont mean actually viewing them)? I certainly hope that they might be HGTV and StarzHD. Those would be the logical two!

Kirby Baker said:
So are you guys really seeing 2 HD channels in testing (I dont mean actually viewing them)? I certainly hope that they might be HGTV and StarzHD. Those would be the logical two!

Yes possibly.... No way to confirm with out being able to view what's actually on those tp's. Maybe hokie can tune and chime in on those channels..

EDIT 919PM CST... SNY NYC became avable to subs tonight :)

Last edited:
Echostar 148

579 (CRDEX) Removed from TP Frequency: 12.428 GHz TP 15
9238 (KRNE) Removed from TP Frequency: 12.603 GHz TP 27
579 (INTER) Added to TP Frequency: 12.632 GHz TP 29
659 (INTL4) Added to TP Frequency: 12.632 GHz TP 29
662 (QTV) Added to TP Frequency: 12.632 GHz TP 29
663 (INTL2) Changed Names to 663 (MUSIK)
651 (INTL3) Changed names to (ARYOW)
For 579 INTER, EPG info is reported to say "Inter+" .. with "Ukrainian content" (the channel is also mirrored at 61.5 .. ch 579 as well)

And it's reported to indeed be Inter + channel .. from Ukraine.. (with LOTS of Russian content on it) :) ...

Pretty nice channel actually .. and i watched it a lot - when was in Kiev, Ukraine.. a 1 1/2 years ago.. :D

Lots of talk shows .. Russian movies, New serials etc (Russian ones), etc on this one.. Pretty nice channel actually:
http://www.interplus.tv/

( it even opens up in Russian language there by default - http://www.interplus.tv/ru/ .. hehe - Kiev is mostly Russian spoken city anyhow.. ex-Russia .. you know) :sure:

To add.. - this is NOT the same channel that recently had been added to IA5's Globecast platform (Studio 1+1 .. aka 1+1 International) together with UA TV and Radio Era-FM from Ukraine as well :
http://www.globecastwtv.com/ ... http://www.globecastwtv.com/ch_1plus1.htm

From the satellite pci card store of course ;) Or maybe just click on one of those nice little advertising blocks up at the top of the page... I would suggest picking one that begins with "S" :)

Kirby Baker said:
From the satellite pci card store of course ;) Or maybe just click on one of those nice little advertising blocks up at the top of the page... I would suggest picking one that begins with "S" :)

The ones that start with the intials of "Twinhan" work good too.

One of those test channels is not an HD channel, the bitrate is too low (3Mbit/s). The other one appears to be a mirror of one of the voom channels, based on the bitrate. They are encrypted so I can't actually see the video. My guesses are based on the bitrate.

You can learn more about satellite PCI tuners in our mpeg2/fta section. In fact there is a whole subsection about pc card tuners.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)