Newington, CT
The SatelliteGuys.US Uplink Activity Report - 09/25/2006 - 1 change

Uplink Comparison Range: 09/24/2006 03:59P - 09/25/2006 07:53A

151 - OLN renamed to VS. (A)

Channels in the system: 3032

(A) = Available
(NA) = Not Available

digiblur,

that total count of channels is not accurate - it's included virtual channels, true mirrors ( at same tpn), many NOT channels but services, etc.

A name of the count should be something like 'SDT records'.

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
Is it just me or do you also like OLN better than Versus? What the heck kind of name is that?

I think Versus is a genius name- they need to back it up with a good slogan, though. (I don't know what they are using.) And it condenses nicely to "VS" without losing it's meaning. I mean, who says "I'm going to watch Entertainment and Sports Programming Network?"

Outdoor Life no longer made sense for a channel showing hockey and boxing. Versus could be used for any competition. NHL, Boxing, Tour De France, Chess, Spelling Bees, ect. It covers almost all sports AND non-sport competition. But it also could be used for their old programming. A documentrary about mountain climbing could be "Man VS Nature". (That's where the slogan comes in- maybe "The Competition Of Life".)

Right now, they're showing "3 idiots with automatic weapons VS a defenseless flightless bird". Maybe not much of a "competition", but it fits the title. It's sure as hell not a "sport" though. Geez, look at these twits...it's called "American Safari", and they're hunting freakin' turkeys. Slappin' each other on the back like they accomplished something. They've got to be overcompensating for something- bet they drive Hummers too. I don't care for hunting in general, but at least bowhunting is a skill, and you can feed your family for a month with an elk.

Er. anyway, I think it's a good name, but I won't be watching it except for a couple hockey games.

I'm not sure what, if anything can be done about this and I may be the only one to notice it.

This thread is highly monitored by people looking for new uplink activity and of course every time someone posts, the thread gets bumped to unread.

It's a pain in the patuedty to jump in here looking for information about what has been added or removed and have to sift through posts more about why the channel is named what it is or specifics about what the channel is about.

I know they're completely off topic as probably some people are interrested in that stuff but they drift enough away from what most people here are probably looking for from this thread.

Maybe specific channel discussions could be put in their own threads.

Maybe I'm just being picky and if I'm the only one, just forget I said anything.

Well, considering that the only change this week is the renaming of OLN to Versus, and the coversation is about the name "versus", I'd have to say that this thread is still on topic, unless new uplink info changes the course.

Cyclone said:
Well, considering that the only change this week is the renaming of OLN to Versus, and the coversation is about the name "versus", I'd have to say that this thread is still on topic, unless new uplink info changes the course.
You're exactly correct and I realize as I write this, I'm doing exactly what I was complaining about.:D

It's just that it would be nice to be able to tell if there's new uplink information just by looking at the thread title, which is not possible if people jump in here to shoot the sh*t.

It's probably just one of those situations that can never be ideal anyway. I just felt like bitching about something.:)

This is what we really need (the following is fictional:

The SatelliteGuys.US Uplink Activity Report - 09/25/2006 - 3 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 09/26/2006 03:59P - 09/27/2006 07:53A

290 - Removed from 110.0W TP 7
9468 - InHD added to 61.5W TP 23 (Available)
9437 - MaxHD added to 61.5W TP 23 (Available)

Channels in the system: 3034

(A) = Available
(NA) = Not Available
And now I wake up from my dream and realize nothing has changed!

Kirby Baker said:
This is what we really need (the following is fictional:

And now I wake up from my dream and realize nothing has changed!

Well, you never know since we still have Wed. and Thurs. for the bulk of the uplinks. ;)

Now, arguing about why we're talking about OLN's name change is trivial. I don't see other threads on the OLN name change on this forum so why can't we discuss it here? Good grief. Argue about something more important!

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
Well, you never know since we still have Wed. and Thurs. for the bulk of the uplinks. ;)

Now, arguing about why we're talking about OLN's name change is trivial. I don't see other threads on the OLN name change on this forum so why can't we discuss it here? Good grief. Argue about something more important!
yea argue about why they haven't changed "pax" to "i" yet!!!;)

GaryPen said:
"Shooting the sh*t" sounds like the name of one of those hunting shows on OLN.
Yes, I saw that once. I believe it takes place on a game preserve with wild bulls.

Thanks for keeping us posted Scott!

[wishfulthinking]Perhaps the uplink is taking a while due to all of the new channels being uplinked today??[/wishfulthinking]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts