Uplink Activity for the week of September 25th, 2006

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Smith said:
didgiblur, you missed my post regarding your program output - total count is not about channels, but rows in SDT ;)

Nah... I didn't miss it. I know what it means but take a poll and ask everyone what "rows in SDT" means. ;)

"nobody" - is it you ? ;)

Well, then software updates for last 3 days period:
PID:086Eh, ID:6BUD, FW:p249, Model:DP301e. [21523433-36583553]
PID:0891h, ID:5GXD, FW:L383, Model:DVR522/DVR625. [all]
PID:0893h, ID:4KZD, FW:L315, Model:DP322. [all]
PID:0895h, ID:5FXD, FW:L383, Model:DVR625. [all]
PID:08AEh, ID:3GEC, FW:p381, Model:DP811. [59229524-60499523]
PID:08B1h, ID:0SKC, FW:L365, Model:ViP622. [all]
PID:08B5h, ID:0LAC, FW:L340, Model:ViP211. [71690613-74915423 plus seven R00s ]

Last edited:
digiblur said:
They've been uplinked for a few weeks but are in engineering mode.

Do you have signal on 110W TP 12? If so what is it compared to the other TP's on 110?

It could be a couple of reasons why they aren't released to subs yet.... technical reasons, legal reasons, etc.

I get a signal strength of 84 on transponder 12 on the 110 sat. I get a 91 on the transponder 4 on the 110 sat for Houston locals which I "moved" to get. Out of the 5 cities that Dish uplinked this month only Beaumont ,Tx and Palm Springs ,Ca haven't been turned on yet. I would really like it if they would add them as many of my coworkers would love to have Dish is they could get their locals. THat has been the hold up for just about everyone I know - no locals. Many I talk to hate the Time Warner Cable company because they have a monopoly on locals and they are so high on price. Most don't have ota antennas or hd tvs yet so they are still in the 1990's mode. Many would switch today if they could get their locals.:hungry:

Hey JohnH, your math is skewed :D
full SDT size is less then 350 KB, NIT < 15 KB
are you messed with EIT ?

Regarding the Total; tell me about ppl who could count the number by they receivers. NONE !
And it is your weakness ( or mine, or digiblur ) in knowledge if you can't make right count of CHANNELS what ppl have or could subscribe.

Last edited:
Smith said:
Regarding the Total; tell me about ppl who could count the number by they receivers. NONE !
And it is your weakness ( or mine, or digiblur ) in knowledge if you can't make right count of CHANNELS what ppl have or could subscribe.
Maybe we should work on reporting the number of streams in the system. That number would certainly be over 5000. :D

JohnH said:
Yeah, you missed the part about "with labels".

You don't mind if we enjoy the activity, do you?
No, I'm not missed labels, just thought about original SDT repetitive part of PID 0x0011. Could you enlight me what you mean first time ?

I don't mind for sure, since I'm sort of a participant :).

waltinvt said:
Maybe specific channel discussions could be put in their own threads.

Why not sticky a "General Uplink Discussion" thread at the same time, and maybe lock the uplink thread to posts from moderators only? (Or just post a polite reminder to keep chit-chat to the discussion thread.)

I see your point, but I feel just the opposite...I stop in maybe once a week and check the uplink thread, and I'd rather not sift through 50 new threads just to have a little chat about what happened.

Best of both worlds...

Not exactly uplink info, but some good news out of the EPG data..

Canucks at Red Wings has shown up for THURSDAY, Oct 5, 6:30PM on Fox New England HD.

Flyers at Penguins has shown up in the EPG data for THURSDAY, Oct 5, 7PM, on CSN Chicago HD.

and... Avalanche at Wild at 8PM on Fox North HD.

Cross your fingers everyone, these might be the first available RSN HD broadcast. (if they make the channels available to subscribers by then..)

Attachments

• epg.jpg
    epg.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 249
HokieEngineer said:
Not exactly uplink info, but some good news out of the EPG data..

Canucks at Red Wings has shown up for THURSDAY, Oct 5, 6:30PM on Fox New England HD.

Flyers at Penguins has shown up in the EPG data for THURSDAY, Oct 5, 7PM, on CSN Chicago HD.

and... Avalanche at Wild at 8PM on Fox North HD.

Cross your fingers everyone, these might be the first available RSN HD broadcast. (if they make the channels available to subscribers by then..)
I guess it matters not that the Red Wings would be on FSN Detroit and the Penguins would be on FSN Pittsburgh. :)

JohnH said:
BTW: 9650 HDBTV is the 1st HD channel launched on E* that is not 8PSK or Turbo QPSK. It is just plain ole QPSK.

9650 was in use tonight. I ran across an FTA broadcast that led me to this:

http://www.prnewstoday.com/release.htm?cat=food-beverages&dat=20060907&rl=CLTH03107092006-1

They use Echostar 121 to broadcast private concerts to diners at Morton's The Steakhouse across the country.

TSReader showed that both the FTA broadcast and the encrypted 9650 Echostar 121 feed were both running at 19.4 Mbps.

Wow 19.4 for bandwith now why can't all HD channels be like that, maybe when Mpeg4 enciders start working better :rolleyes: .

When is E* launching their next bird? :hungry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)