Uplink Activity For Wednesday, NOV 30th 2005

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
well since nothing interesting enough this week, I thought I'd vent about me going to be in Rocky 6!!!! I'm going to the filiming this Tuesday which will be the BIG FIGHT between Rocky and Mason played by Antonio Tarver. Can't wait for this and hell maybe some good news on the Dish front :)

well this should be real fun with the big fight scene and from a story point it looks very good. Rocky is a retired boxer who owns a restaurant who gets into low key boxing again after a life changing effect.....his wife passes away

Stallone says he will go back to Rocky's roots... "Rocky movies, when they do work, are not really about boxing. They are about the story itself and how you can apply it to your everyday life. It's not about being a champion. You might want to be the best accountant and get your shot at doing that."

"In the film, Rocky’s now a restaurant owner, one that's still grieving over the death of his wife, Adrian. Rocko decides to fight his loneliness by returning to the ring to fight a few low-scale, local, fights. When he accepts a challenge to take on reigning heavyweight champ Mason "The Line" Dixon, his comeback suddenly attracts the interest of the mass media."

"The script for the film - which is based on George Foreman's comeback bout - is 'Beautiful'"

"George, after getting whupped by Spinks, just sort of walked away from boxing and gained weight, took up charity work, but then one day discovered that the money had run out for the charity and himself. Nobody would give him a loan, and his friends told him that his ship had sailed. He just didn't have anything anymore. He was an overweight, out of shape, middle aged man of questionable diminished fame."

"George decided to go back to boxing, mainly small club fights, tiny venues, people calling him a joke, but he was winning, and around that 16th fight, people started to take notice, things began to turn around."

"Stallone wants to basically tell that story, the has-been giving it a run story, but he also has in ROCKY 6 a character that he's heading towards fighting, a new champ, which represents the modern black athlete which is very different from the Apollo Creeds or Alis of yesteryear."

" 'Rocky Balboa' is about everybody who feels they want to participate in the race of life, rather than be a bystander," Stallone said in a statement... "You're never too old to climb a mountain, if that's your desire."

JohnH said:
Before there was TSReader there was transport stream disecting of PID 16(0x0010) bit by bit. The only thing in my move/added/removed listing which does not come from the NIT is the name. The name comes from the SDT. My listing is generated without the use of TSReader in any way and it is automatic.
I do not need a 942 and will NOT bet on this point.

There are currently 2629 channel SIDs in the NIT and those channels match the 2629 channels in the SDT. All is well in the system. :)

Perhaps, one day I will generate a complete dump of the NIT with descriptive terms. I have not done that in over 2 years. It likely would take more than 2 megabytes to list it now.

For now check Table 12 in section 6.1 and find where Descriptor 0x41 can be used.

Well, 0x41 marked with a NOTE4: * Possible Location. There I would agree with you.

Wait a sec !
How it's come ? We're disputing this tables/descriptors, when an originator of the thread don't show any interest in the real technical details ! :(

Back to the table, I see what you mean now, but can't resist to go further and remark - reports for real satco sites required much more info then you can find in NIT.

ID=40,L=03E3,NID=0000,Ver=12,section_number=00,last_section_number=03
D=4A,L=07:TID=0013,tpn=19, NID=1004,0000,04
D=40,L=11:EchoStar 119 West
TID=0002,tpn=2,NID=1004,L=3F
D=43,F=12238580,SR=00200000,FEC=04[5/6]
D=41,L=30[16]:
1 SID=0069,ST=9A
2 SID=0078,ST=9A
3 SID=007C,ST=9A
4 SID=0081,ST=9A
5 SID=009E,ST=9A
6 SID=00B4,ST=9A
7 SID=00B8,ST=9A
8 SID=00CC,ST=9A
9 SID=0111,ST=9A
10 SID=012C,ST=9A
11 SID=01C7,ST=9A
12 SID=01D9,ST=9A
13 SID=0341,ST=9A
14 SID=036B,ST=9A
15 SID=0370,ST=9A
16 SID=0377,ST=9A

;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)