Uplink Activity For Wednesday, NOV 30th 2005

DWS44 said:
dang...makes me wish I'd fired up the TV and looked before I left for work this morning!
Me too, I usally turn on the TV before I leave but this morning i was running late. Damn!!! Please somebody let us know what is going on....

Smith said:
Would you be so kind do not use the word "uplinked" for avoid confusion of ppl here ?

So, the uplink activity thread listing uplink activity should not use the word "uplinked"?

:rolleyes: Can somebody "unfix" that bug fixed last week? You know, the one that made these posts invisible.

JohnH said:
Yeah, I have read it and the info presented above is from the NIT on Tp 3 at 129. That Tp would not have PAT for Tp 1 at 61.5. Perhaps you should refresh your memory by reading the DVB-S stuff again. :)

Hehe, posting cut&paste from TSReader window doesn't relief us from understanding SI ;).
That's nice if Rod make life satcoDX ppl easy, but again NIT don't have any data related to Services, please read clause 5.2.1 again. :D
Will be refreshing if you take PID_0010 dump and show to me the date here !
I wouldn't ask you to eat whole crow, but you'll come to that :D

I would make offical bet for you - DP942: NIT doesn't hold Services info !

Smith said:
Scott,
will be you a referee ? ;)
I dont think I can, you guys talk so far above my head I would just shake my head and agree with both of you. :)

As I said for some of this stuff I am learning, and its great to have all the masters here teaching us (even if it is in greek) :D

Dear Ref: Please be a nice little elf and ask Santa Charlie to bring me some new national HD channels and my Washington, DC HD locals. Pretty, pretty please.

I've been a good boy and already have my 61.5 dish in place.

--Doug

datwell said:
Dear Ref: Please be a nice little elf and ask Santa Charlie to bring me some new national HD channels and my Washington, DC HD locals. Pretty, pretty please.

I've been a good boy and already have my 61.5 dish in place.

--Doug

Not to kill your Christmas wish or anything, but DC HD locals wont be on E* until E10 launches and is providing service :) I'll bet my benq 8700 on that :D

However, I wouldn't be surprised to see the NY/LA HD locals go up sooner than later, and those of us with O&O markets could sub to them..

Smith said:
Hehe, posting cut&paste from TSReader window doesn't relief us from understanding SI ;).
That's nice if Rod make life satcoDX ppl easy, but again NIT don't have any data related to Services, please read clause 5.2.1 again. :D
Will be refreshing if you take PID_0010 dump and show to me the date here !
I wouldn't ask you to eat whole crow, but you'll come to that :D

I would make offical bet for you - DP942: NIT doesn't hold Services info !

Before there was TSReader there was transport stream disecting of PID 16(0x0010) bit by bit. The only thing in my move/added/removed listing which does not come from the NIT is the name. The name comes from the SDT. My listing is generated without the use of TSReader in any way and it is automatic.
I do not need a 942 and will NOT bet on this point.

There are currently 2629 channel SIDs in the NIT and those channels match the 2629 channels in the SDT. All is well in the system. :)

Perhaps, one day I will generate a complete dump of the NIT with descriptive terms. I have not done that in over 2 years. It likely would take more than 2 megabytes to list it now.

For now check Table 12 in section 6.1 and find where Descriptor 0x41 can be used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts