Uplink Activity For Wednesday, NOV 30th 2005

Berg,

I don't know what they'll do about this. It seems to me that the station owners are trying to get their station(s) on Dish any way they can. As long as the station stays on 129°/148° there is no way Dish will make this station available to Minneapolis. Since this is a "must carry" case, the station can make no demands!

See ya
Tony

I think they need to get rid of the 19 audio channels and the 32 cd channels and use those tp's for something useful. Really now.. how many people do you think really listen to all that noise? the Sirius channels should be more than enough!!! IMO

jakesnake3037 said:
I think they need to get rid of the 19 audio channels and the 32 cd channels and use those tp's for something useful. Really now.. how many people do you think really listen to all that noise? the Sirius channels should be more than enough!!! IMO

I'm with ya Jakesnake!!! :yes

I listen to the Muzak channels more than the Sirius channels just because I don't want to hear a DJ EVER...I don't care how briefly!. When I tune to a music channel, that is all I want to hear.

Just so you know, all 19 audio channels out would theoretically make room for 1¼ video channel. All the Muzak CD channels gone would theoretically make room for 4 video channels. But the catch is that many of the music channels are filling up transponders that cannot carry any more video channels.

Another point is that Muzak pays E* quite a bit either directly or in kind to distribute their service to their business customers. There is a long-term contract in place.

See ya
Tony

goaliebob99 said:
I just report whats uplinked....

Would you be so kind do not use the word "uplinked" for avoid confusion of ppl here ?

FYI: You reporting about changes in System Information tables; SDT particulary. Only. And ppl should be aware of that.

Smith said:
Would you be so kind do not use the word "uplinked" for avoid confusion of ppl here ?

FYI: You reporting about changes in System Information tables; SDT particulary. Only. And ppl should be aware of that.

Actually I dont use the SDT.... :) I use the NIT and EIT and cross refrence them for changes.. :)

I don't know P Smith, it IS called the Uplink Report, hell the godfather of uplink reports John H has been calling it that for a long time now. :)

And without hacking (like some folks do) there is no way for Bob to tell what is uplinked and what is a table change.

Keep in mind folks.. that I only see the tables in the data stream. :) I dont actually see encryped channels.. only the FTA ones like channel 101, Nasa and gol. The only place i see encrypted channels is on my 942, 510, and 2 311's that I pay for (AEP, Sport, Supers, Distance,HD,VOOM,SKY Angel) :)

TNGTony said:
Berg,

I don't know what they'll do about this. It seems to me that the station owners are trying to get their station(s) on Dish any way they can. As long as the station stays on 129°/148° there is no way Dish will make this station available to Minneapolis. Since this is a "must carry" case, the station can make no demands!

See ya
Tony

bummer.....I know Mpls had KAWE on 61.5 (and briefly at 129) for must carry...but now its on 110

I have a feeling the reason KWCM is not on Mpls locals right now is due to the distance to get to the pop (a good 150 miles away)..which brings up another question...I know the rule is to get on Dish you need a "good signal" to the POP. If a station can't get a good signal to a POP for a DMA, but AN IDENTICAL satellite channel (in another DMA) can, can they ask for must carry in the first DMA?

We already got 3 PBS stations in Minneapolis (KTCA, KTCI and KAWE which can't be seen anywhere within 50 miles of Minneapolis OTA yet is viewed on satellite to the Iowa border) so I guess we don't need a 4th :)

goaliebob99 said:
Actually I dont use the SDT.... :) I use the NIT and EIT and cross refrence them for changes.. :)

That's wrong methodology - drop primary source ( SDT ) and use secondary tables;
please consult with DVB.ORG official publications.

As to JohnH's lexicon, well - we're responsible for OUR words. ;) Ne's pas ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts