Uplink Activity Report - 1/14/2009 1:02am - 418 changes

Well this could be a good sign for things to come and maybe once they get things on the new 129 that sat should not be as much of a issue..

5180(6) - WRTV [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 5 Spotbeam ?? (NA)(Indianapolis, IN)
5181(8) - WISH [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 5 Spotbeam ?? (NA)(Indianapolis, IN)
5182(13) - WTHR [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 5 Spotbeam ?? (NA)(Indianapolis, IN)
5183(59) - WXIN [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 5 Spotbeam ?? (NA)(Indianapolis, IN)

yes Indianapolis locals in HD come on dish turn them on.
:)

They can't right now... Ciel-2 isn't at 129 and active yet. It's still testing at 138.

Because Cleveland HD locals, until Ciel-2 comes online, are on 61.5 only. But before they were available, the standard Cleveland HD install was a Dish 1000 or Dish 1000.2. Thus, lots of calls for wing dishes in Cleveland.

One worrisome thing, though, I noticed: more LTD channels added. Are there more local transmission disputes on the horizon?

Well, once Ciel 2 comes online people with or without wing dishes (61.5) will see their HD Locals anyways since the majority of customers have D1000 or D1000.2. 61.5 won't be needed anymore.

A similar situation happened in the SF Bay Area market when they had some locals on 148, the standard install back then was a wing dish for 148. Once they moved them all to 110, 148 was not needed anymore but you drive around and you still see dishes pointing at 148.

Why are these mirrored to 77 and not 61.5???

There are also channels mirrored at both 61.5 and 110. I would expect 129 channels to be mirrored at 61.5 and 110 channels mirrored at 72 or 77.

Could be just a goof. I posted this elsewhere, but of those 28 TMPs, only 23 of them would be available to all three setups (110/119/129 , 61.5/110/119, and EA)

Last edited:
Nice. Lafayette LA HD locals. Looks like I can start numbering spotbeams tonight and add the others.

Digi, since they are puting the Lafayette, La. HD locals on Ciel 2 at 129 do you think they will put the New Orleans HD locals, whenever they do provide them, on 129 also? I thought in the past you said they would probably be on 61.5. I hope they put them on 129 because then I won't need to get a new dish because I have 110/119/129 now.

Will this be the last Uplink Report for the day, or will there be another one with some cool new National HD???

Digi, since they are puting the Lafayette, La. HD locals on Ciel 2 at 129 do you think they will put the New Orleans HD locals, whenever they do provide them, on 129 also? I thought in the past you said they would probably be on 61.5. I hope they put them on 129 because then I won't need to get a new dish because I have 110/119/129 now.
I think WHEN they put the n.o. hd locals, it will now be on 129 as they will now have the space. Also, unless you did the install yourself, i dont think dish put any n.o. dishes aimed @ 61.5. No one i know around here has 61.5.

I doubt we will have one with cool new national HD today.

I heard at CES the next wave of HD is coming in the February / March time frame.

Also chances are good that we will not see any uplink activity for new national HD channels until they launch since there are over 30 HD channels uplinked in testing. Digiblur will be able to tell when there is actual video on those channels and not just slates, however since those feeds are scrambled we will have no way to tell what channels they are until they are turned on or renamed.

I doubt we will have one with cool new national HD today.

I heard at CES the next wave of HD is coming in the February / March time frame.

Also chances are good that we will not see any uplink activity for new national HD channels until they launch since there are over 30 HD channels uplinked in testing. Digiblur will be able to tell when there is actual video on those channels and not just slates, however since those feeds are scrambled we will have no way to tell what channels they are until they are turned on or renamed.

Ugh... Way to rain on our parade, Scott... Did you have to include 'March time frame' in your comment, because that is just depressing... :(

Just passing on what I heard.

Personally I think it should be February since it will help ease the sticker shock of the new pricing.

I know you are passing your source info along, and that is what makes this forum the best... But like you said, I hope this coincides with the price increases, because I am not a fan of paying more for the future promise of more channels...

I know you are passing your source info along, and that is what makes this forum the best... But like you said, I hope this coincides with the price increases, because I am not a fan of paying more for the future promise of more channels...
But, they certainly would not want the price increase to be totally associated with the addition of new channels. Some might feel they are paying additional for just those channels which they did not want added. ;)
I don't remember much in the way of additions in February.

Not if the bulk of subs have 129. There seems to be a thrust to slow down the dish changes for HD locals.
In the case of Columbus, yeah, it does make sense. The SD locals are currently on 129'. Based on what they did in Cleveland (SD locals on 110') and Cincinnati (SD locals on 119') though, they added the HD locals to 61.5 and 77' respectively.

9246 - WYOU (A) (H) removed from Echostar12 61.5W TP 07 Area 6 beam(Scranton, PA)
9247 - WBRE (A) (H) removed from Echostar12 61.5W TP 07 Area 6 beam(Wilkes-barre, PA)

This is interesting. They removed the EA SD versions of the two HD channels they added today. I suppose this makes sense since all ViP receivers can downconvert HD, but it'll result in larger recordings for people who just wanted to record SD. Is this the first time they've used this strategy? Do they actually do EA installs for people who only want SD, or do you have to subscribe to HD?

Yeah, but all of those Tmp HD channels are numbered in the 4800s. Our Hd is in the 9500s. Isn't 4800s Alaska or what?