Uplink Activity Report - 1/7/2009 12:42pm - 144 changes

I live in Erie, PA and our local CBS channel also is broadcase in Puerto Rico and does weather for them. I don't understand either. We are not even close to Puerto Rico.

I think the cable company from the south of the island Choice Cables gots both WVXF and WSEE CBS I don't know why!

They are remaps for subs that do not have the appropriate packages/subscription for a channel. For instance the NHL Center Ice channels are now in free preview so Dish just has to put up remaps instead of authorizing the regular Center Ice Channels for everybody and then de-authorizing them to non Center Ice Subscribers. This way Dish only has to delete the remapped channels and the only subs able to tune the Center Ice Channels would be Center Ice Subscribers.

John
This activity today removed the Preview status of the NHL Center Ice channels. There was no mapping change.

Several other channels had their Preview status changed.

ARYDI and GEOTv are channels that are moving off 61.5 but they are available on the prepaid dishnow platform from 61.5, prepaid dishow receivers don't work with 118 because they refuse to autorize them to get the channels at that location evenif you already have the 1000+ dish for 118, This should be interesting!

Wrong.

They are remaps for subs that do not have the appropriate packages/subscription for a channel. For instance the NHL Center Ice channels are now in free preview so Dish just has to put up remaps instead of authorizing the regular Center Ice Channels for everybody and then de-authorizing them to non Center Ice Subscribers. This way Dish only has to delete the remapped channels and the only subs able to tune the Center Ice Channels would be Center Ice Subscribers.
John
Misconception - remaps have nothing to do with authorization !

ARYDI and GEOTv are channels that are moving off 61.5 but they are available on the prepaid dishnow platform from 61.5, prepaid dishow receivers don't work with 118 because they refuse to autorize them to get the channels at that location evenif you already have the 1000+ dish for 118, This should be interesting!

WARNING If you are dishnow prepaid do not any more funds to your international subscription at 61.5 if you sub to channels 620 and 621. After you pay your funds you will get a slate on channels 620 and 621 telling you that the channels have moved to 118 and that you need to call 1 888 255 5044 for a free dish upgrade. When I called that number I was not eligible for the upgrade because prepaid dishnow subs have no account numbers and their R# is invisible in the system. This is fraud! Dish network prepaid is still actively collected funds as of today when I added 2 days for these two channels and now all you get the slate. I have called exec dept again and they did nothing again, I demanded a name and phone number of the person in charge of prepaid dishnow they claim to have no such info, I told they I am contacting attorney general of CO to report them for fraud, This will be the same way they handle the smartcard swap for prepaid boxes, collect everones funds and then shut the channels down and keep their money, prepaid customer service is a complete laugh too, after waiting on hold there I was disconnected, BEWARE. The prepaid system is dying a slow death and dish is laughing all the way to the bank!

They use the older legacy boxes in which will not be compatable with the future MPEG-4 encryption. I can see them wanting to dump a bunch of receivers somehow before they transition all channels to MPEG-4.

I've tried to resolve issues in the past and got hung up on many times after they told me to wait on hold. I think they do that on purpose so that they do not have to deal with you.

They use the older legacy boxes in which will not be compatable with the future MPEG-4 encryption. I can see them wanting to dump a bunch of receivers somehow before they transition all channels to MPEG-4.

I've tried to resolve issues in the past and got hung up on many times after they told me to wait on hold. I think they do that on purpose so that they do not have to deal with you.

MPEG4 is not encryption. It's a video compression standard. Nagra is the encryption they use.

If I recall correctly some of the legacy boxes don't even have 118.7 in their switch matrix.

MPEG4 is not encryption. It's a video compression standard. Nagra is the encryption they use.

If I recall correctly some of the legacy boxes don't even have 118.7 in their switch matrix

It's not a problem if you have at least 119W also; after getting NIT from other sat then 118.75W, the receiver will build full info.

I meant to say MPEG-4 compression, not encryption. That is what I get for staying up too late at night on the message boards.

One more Hindi Channel added to the package. (NDTV)

Dish added 4 hindi channels in the last one year. :eureka None taken down yet.

Star+
StarOne
SAB
NDTV