Uplink Activity Report - 11/29/2006

looks like Bangor Maine went live :)

Iceberg, is this 100%??

I know a 'friend" that was going to go to Direct because of the loss of DNS but was also looking at "vacation homes" in the Bangor area.

He just did an address search on the dish network site for the address of the house he was "looking at" and it did not qualify for locals. I am assuming they (Dish) have not updated their system yet if indeed these channels are live.

Thanks.

P.s. Oh....theoretically if you were in the say....the Presque isle DMA and moved to Bangor .......you would be pointing at the same birds?
P.s.2 Would that person be able to get SD locals on a Dish 500?

Sounds like your dish needs to be realigned. Try running a check switch and report back what it says.

Iceberg, is this 100%??
I just read what Scott typed :)

He just did an address search on the dish network site for the address of the house he was "looking at" and it did not qualify for locals. I am assuming they (Dish) have not updated their system yet if indeed these channels are live.
They may be live on the website (in your "friend's account ;) ) but the CSR's don't know

P.s. Oh....theoretically if you were in the say....the Presque isle DMA and moved to Bangor .......you would be pointing at the same birds?
yep
P.s.2 Would that person be able to get SD locals on a Dish 500?

yep

btw: I just ran an address in Bangor and it still says "not available"

After reading these posts, can I come to the conclusion all this uplink activity is a bunch of white noise that leaves us with negative bupkus in the HD department?

I notice TP 10 (12355) is now empty on Echostar 3 since the move. Anyone know what channels are going to uplink there or that's a dead TP?

bacchus
They're working now. I just ran an address in Bangor and it came up "available" :)

My "friend" just added them online.....woooohooo! Saved by the bell. A full 24 hours before DNS Zero hour.

Oh....quick note: Anyone else interested in Bangor Real Estate ----> I saw the KFC on Longview DR first!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts