Uplink Activity Report - 12/06/2006 - 20 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I could see Dish "showing" several things at the CES, which will it be:

1. More HD channels

2. An upgraded 622, I see them eventually moving the 622 to replace the 625 and have the HD disabled on it unless you pay the enabling fee or sub to HD package... The upgrades one could have more tuners and a larger hard drive. 2 OTA tuners would be nice. I could even see them coming out with a 2 tuner version and drop the 622 tuner (i.e. change the number and make it even cheaper but able to do Dish HD, would be good in all their markets with LiL HD).

3. DPP64 switch or will they make us wait another year

4. A new triple dish covering 86.5/110/119. They could be ready to launch a satellite to 86.5 faster than many think since they have been building a DBS satellite with SES for a "to be announced slot". Actually the lower 48 would probably be good with this satellite, although it might require 2-3 versions for different areas of the country given the large spacing. All the LiLHD on 61.5 markets would probably love a single dish solution. This would also solve the weak 129 problem for many markets.

What does any of this have to do with uplink activity?

Very interesting discussion to say the least but it needs to be in a different thread.

OnDemand?

Sorry Pepper, but just one more thought on CES...

I just got a OnDemand screen added to my 522 in the last few days of software upgrades...mostly blank screens, but....interesting....Comcast has OnDemand already...

-John

Seems like all Dish has been doing is sitting on their ass while this distant channel issue has been going on. C'mon Dish, more HD channels.

OKC has been on the Fall of 2006 list for what seems like forever and I can never find any updates.. calls to Dish simply get canned answers... after losing my distants ( which I am over 80 miles from a major city, which I believe is what the original law was.... So I blame dish for allowing anyone that asked to get them..ie.. GREED)

I'm about to pull the plug on these guys if HD locals don't appear before the end of the year..... NFL Playoffs coming soon, that's my final deadline..

OTA is not an option since we are 90 miles from a major city

OKC has been on the Fall of 2006 list for what seems like forever and I can never find any updates.. calls to Dish simply get canned answers... after losing my distants ( which I am over 80 miles from a major city, which I believe is what the original law was.... So I blame dish for allowing anyone that asked to get them..ie.. GREED)

I'm about to pull the plug on these guys if HD locals don't appear before the end of the year..... NFL Playoffs coming soon, that's my final deadline..

OTA is not an option since we are 90 miles from a major city

"Moving" is your best option then....

People doing that is probably one of the reasons everyone lost distants...

I live in an area were weather alerts are important, so it's nice to have locals

Negative...

and

Either use the internet for weather, or another form of OTA even if it is analog. I don't understand why people complain that they can't get something but yet it is one simple phone call away.

What does any of this have to do with uplink activity?

Very interesting discussion to say the least but it needs to be in a different thread.

I was responding to a previous poster's statement about what they could show at CES.

It was meant as one of those slightly humorous, slightly sarcastic statements.

Sometimes it is appropriate to reference other topics within a thread. I feel this was OK. You may feel different. Most topics stray occasionally from the main topic, but usually drift back to the topic.

well just in case somebody is wondering, i don't think any additional uplink activity happened after the first page of the thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)