Uplink Activity Report - 12/5/2008 12:02pm - 8 changes

D

DigiSAT Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 12/5/2008 12:02pm - 8 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 12/05/2008 11:02A - 12/05/2008 12:02P

Channel Package Flag Changes:
4101 - GOLF [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar3 61.5W TP 16 ConUS beam changed to Available (H)
4101 - GOLF [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar5 129W TP 13 ConUS beam changed to Available (H)
4151 - VS. [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar3 61.5W TP 16 ConUS beam changed to Available (H)
4151 - VS. [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar5 129W TP 13 ConUS beam changed to Available (H)
9466(151) - VS. [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar3 61.5W TP 16 ConUS beam changed to Available (H)
9466(151) - VS. [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar5 129W TP 13 ConUS beam changed to Available (H)
9473(401) - GOLF [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar3 61.5W TP 16 ConUS beam changed to Available (H)
9473(401) - GOLF [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar5 129W TP 13 ConUS beam changed to Available (H)

Channels in the system: 5826
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers

Us: Looks like dish just seperated the VS/GolfHD channel

Dish: Hey everybody, we just added two HD channels!!

And now look at the wasted bandwidth on channel 9468 mapped to 398. There's an HD banner channel with the info on where to find the channels now.

It makes sense to have the message there but in HD??

Here is the slide being shown...

Man what a blown marketing opportunity for Dish, they should be advertising Monday Nights Charlie Chat on that slide as well.

Attachments

• morehd.jpg
    morehd.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,261
And now look at the wasted bandwidth on channel 9468 mapped to 398. There's an HD banner channel with the info on where to find the channels now.

It makes sense to have the message there but in HD??

Hell, they aren't going to be putting up any more HD channels, so might as well use the bandwidth, right?;)

I don't understand how turning on the separate Golf HD and Versus HD channels turns into adding 2 HD channels.

Its only a mathematical addition of one, as the combined channel will be removed, so add 2 and subtract one the final answer is ONE NET additional HD channel. With almost all of the HD programing aired on the combined Golf/Versus HD channel is now being separated but little to NO real Additional HD content, I would say its no additional HD at all.

John

I don't understand how turning on the separate Golf HD and Versus HD channels turns into adding 2 HD channels.

Its only a mathematical addition of one, as the combined channel will be removed, so add 2 and subtract one the final answer is ONE NET additional HD channel. With almost all of the HD programing aired on the combined Golf/Versus HD channel is now being separated but little to NO real Additional HD content, I would say its no additional HD at all.

John

There you go using logic again!! :p

I'm as cynical as the next fella... but they DID give me full-time Golf HD, and I'm happy about that. I'll try not to whine about not having some of my HD locals (only two of them) and Fox News in HD for a day or two...

Oops, does that already qualify as whining? ;)

Congratulations to Dish Network for keeping its word again!

Regardless of the happiness of some others, I am very happy by this development! If you follow the golf channel, you know there is a lot of evening programming that was not in HD because the VS. programming was being carried. This means we can now watch the VS. sports in HD (assuming it's carried in HD, including some good basketball/football games) and still have a chance to watch the evening golf programming in HD.

This gives me one of the 3 channels I really, really wanted: the other 2 are ESPNU-HD, and SpeedHD. Amazingly enough, these are all sports channels! What am I doing!!!

Happy thoughts...:):):)

Fitzie