Uplink Activity Report - 6/11/2008 12:52pm - 85 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Msnbc Hd?

I thought MSNBC HD was going to be added this week. It is listed in one of the screen shots from Charlie Chat as a recent addition. Does anyone know when it will be added?

As far as anyone could tell the logo was shown in error instead of CNBC (which HAS been added)

MSNBC HD doesn't exist yet.

That's a shame...b/c I only need that and Comedy Central added and I should be ready for the HD-only switch!

Then you could talk about how it is blacked out for all those CW programs and anything else of interest.

One of things we don't know is whether the transmission of an HD superstation would increase syndex requests. it might and several of us have speculated that thsiisi the real reason that DISH has not done it so far.

As far as anyone could tell the logo was shown in error instead of CNBC (which HAS been added)

MSNBC HD doesn't exist yet.

That's a shame...b/c I only need that and Comedy Central added and I should be ready for the HD-only switch!

Actaully they wee BOTH listed on that slide. i too think it was an error but I guess we will see.

Thanks Hall for the link, but thats not quite what I am looking for. I can find a list of DMA's in order by population on the net, but those lists dont show weather E* has the associated locals in SD or HD. I know I could do the work and match them up, but I was wondering if there is already a list put together.

Then you could talk about how it is blacked out for all those CW programs and anything else of interest.

Not sure if it would effect me since we do not have a local CW station. I see all the programs now, so I don't know why the HD versions would be any different since I have the superstation package.

Thanks Hall for the link, but thats not quite what I am looking for. I can find a list of DMA's in order by population on the net, but those lists dont show weather E* has the associated locals in SD or HD. I know I could do the work and match them up, but I was wondering if there is already a list put together.

The SD list you want can be found here: Dish Locals By Market Rank
I have to update this page due to the changes at 121º and 105º. There are no local markets at those locations any more.

The HD list is alphabetical EKB: Dish HD Locals

Minor conforming activity:

UPLINK ACTIVITY: SAMPLE TAKEN 06-12-2008 18:46:59 TO 06-12-2008 18:48:03 ET

1 CHANGE(S)

CHNG 8177 KIDZ MPEG4 SD Tp 7 Spot 13 Rainbow 1 61.5w UNAVAIL HIDE
TO 8177 KIDZ{ABILENE, TX} MPEG4 SD Tp 7 Spot 13 Rainbow 1 61.5w UNAVAIL HIDE MAP 42

1 CHANGE(S) 5061 CHANNELS IN THE SYSTEM

Not sure if it would effect me since we do not have a local CW station. I see all the programs now, so I don't know why the HD versions would be any different since I have the superstation package.

I think that what he meant is that if there were HD feeds on DISH it would be that much more likely for local CW affiliates (or those offereing some other programming on one or more of the supers) to request exclusivity.

So far when this has happened DISH has just stopped selling the affected supers altogether in that market.

Duh !

Before the map-down was in 1 to 100 range. When JL wrote the program I think the numbers wasn't go that high.
No big deal. Some ppl perhaps found it was entertaining to read your exercise in binary math with big-endian format. ;)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)