Uplink Activity Report - 6/11/2008 12:52pm - 85 changes

For those concerned about Sacramento and Tacoma FOX, it's the real thing:

UPLINK ACTIVITY: SAMPLE TAKEN 06-11-2008 13:42:00 TO 06-11-2008 13:43:03 ET

Thanks for the update JohnH. This week was the first run of the new uplink report engine rewrite.

Will wpix ever be in HD for people living outside the new york area???

Do a search and you will see SEVERAL threads on the superstaions lately. th bottom line is that no one knows for sure. If you can't find the threds go ahead and PM me.

Last edited:
Indy wasn't on the list in the Charlie Chat even for the Fall. Doesn't look good. I don't know how long they can ignore such a large market (Cincy too).

I was another one who actually missed the "legend" under the original post--just kind of skipped over it and wondered what the "H" stood for. But one thing I didn't miss in the Charlie Chat was that there is now a great blank space on Charlie's map,--Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio and West Virginia have no balls, either pink or yellow, that I could determine. (Maybe Gary has access to the Chicago balls.) And there are 25to30M people in that blank space. (As Obama would say, 25 to 30 M. bitter people hugging their guns, their God, their girlfriends, and worrying about their jobs and those little yellow/pink balls.) :D But yes, I know when the balls went away--after sat. 14 went awry.

But the map should change after the 11 sat. goes up--I expect those 4 states named will be good to go right after the election. Maybe even before.

Fitzie, one who recognizes that signatures are a waste of bandwidth but believes in conspicuous consumption and (for the most part) conscious civility.

Best regards, and thanks JohnH. and Digiblur for the uplinks. It's a lot more fun to read about what might happen than to simply keep checking my TV to see what did happen.

I've been amazed that E* hasn't offered Columbus, OH HD locals yet. They have added markets in other areas with much smaller DMAs a long time ago, yet passed up Columbus which is a huge market. D* has had them for well over a year now.

Isn't WGN America just a re-run station? I never see anything on there, like Smallville or any of the CW shows. To me, looking at the schedule, all we will see on there is strech-o-vision shows. Yippee.... :rolleyes:

Isn't WGN America just a re-run station? I never see anything on there, like Smallville or any of the CW shows. To me, looking at the schedule, all we will see on there is strech-o-vision shows. Yippee.... :rolleyes:
Reports are it is not stretch-o-vision. Of course, it could be, it's the stretch followed by the pitch as in Cubs and White Sox baseball. As time goes on there should be more HD (such as movies and possibly series reruns). Don't know if WGN News has gone HD or not.

Reports are it is not stretch-o-vision. Of course, it could be, it's the stretch followed by the pitch as in Cubs and White Sox baseball. As time goes on there should be more HD (such as movies and possibly series reruns). Don't know if WGN News has gone HD or not.

If they would just get one of the REAL superstations in HD (a CW station), that would be something worth talking about. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)