Uplink Activity Report - 7/17/2008 12:55pm - 128 changes

Okay DIGIBLUR. Where is channel 6 CBS and 4 NBC in hd for Beaumont/Pt.Arthur ,Texas locals on DISH? I only see 12 ABC and 64 FOX listed in my guide and on the DISH website.

Okay DIGIBLUR. Where is channel 6 CBS and 4 NBC in hd for Beaumont/Pt.Arthur ,Texas locals on DISH? I only see 12 ABC and 64 FOX listed in my guide and on the DISH website.

Channel 6 is owned by Freedom Corp - none of the Freedom Corp stations are available in HD on Dish. I have written Freedom urging them to complete a deal with Dish, but if you go to the Freedom Corp website and read some of the messages from the CEO it sounds like they are at war protecting their interests.

Seems ironic that the with the name Freedom Corp and they don't allow the access of their hd signal at a reasonable price with DISH. NOw the local Time Warner cable has the hd signal on their cable system as well as the sd signal. It must be amount the old mighty $$$.

Channel 6 is owned by Freedom Corp - none of the Freedom Corp stations are available in HD on Dish. I have written Freedom urging them to complete a deal with Dish, but if you go to the Freedom Corp website and read some of the messages from the CEO it sounds like they are at war protecting their interests.

I sent my channel group an email about getting on dish.. when they told me to get a bigger OTA.. I told them several of my family members & friends will be watching their competing provider in the neighboring county until they do.. oddly the deal was settled pretty damn quick after that correspondence.. probably more timing than anything.. but made me feel better about my emails.. :p

right now E has the best premium package anywhere with these additions. awesome! :up i especially like the starz and encore additions.
Shouldn't be E* now has the bast annouced premium package since the channels aren't actually available yet. By 8/1 who knows what the compition might bring to the table?

Tinydoughboy basically asked "why am I not getting Encore with the package I have."

I have it as a subscribed channel. I don't even remember what it costs--2 or 3 dollars, I think. If you call a Dish CSR they'll tell you how to get it. It also might have been included in the AEP package when I got that, but I had it before I got the AEP. I used to watch Encore quite a bit before we got so much HD, since I llike old movies. If Encore has their movies in real HD, I'll probably start watching it again.

Fitzie

THe only two ways to get Encore eastern channel is with the STarz pack or with AEP . You can't just buy that one channel. If you have a dvr advantage pack for top 100/200 and you add two premiums like hd essentials and starz you can get the two premiums for 20.00 added to your top 100 at 39.99 or top 200 at 49.99. IF you want top 250 you can add it to the top 200 as the bonus pack for top 250 for 10.00 and the hd essentials for another 10.00 and then add Starz for another 10.00. These are the only ways I know of to get Starz and in that pack the Encore Channel East coast version .

I sell the service I certainly understand the packages. and in my information Encore is included....though I haven't had time to call Dish about this, I certainly will and find out the real reason and will report it today....

I sell the service I certainly understand the packages. and in my information Encore is included....though I haven't had time to call Dish about this, I certainly will and find out the real reason and will report it today....

FOR THE THIRD TIME:

This map down of "340" indicates that ENCOR-HD will only be available to Starz subscribers, just like channel 340 Encore-East(SD)...

Channel 340 Encore-East has always been part of the Starz pack and never part of the Encore pack. The latter includes Encore-WEST and is part of either AT250 or is available separately for $4.99 per month.

The "real reason" is "because it is in Dish Network's contract with Starz-Encore".

You don't have to be a jerk about it.

FOR THE THIRD TIME:

This map down of "340" indicates that ENCOR-HD will only be available to Starz subscribers, just like channel 340 Encore-East(SD)...

Channel 340 Encore-East has always been part of the Starz pack and never part of the Encore pack. The latter includes Encore-WEST and is part of either AT250 or is available separately for $4.99 per month.

The "real reason" is "because it is in Dish Network's contract with Starz-Encore".

FOR THE THIRD TIME:

I certainly didn't see your other 2 posts stating this so for that I apologize. But the way you reponded was very childish and certainly uncalled for, if it bothered you that much then you should not have posted.

The reason I questionted this is because at my job we get brochures that encore is included with the 250 package, and as I have found they are wrong and I wanted to clarify the situation before I took it up with the ones that make the brochures, so again I apologize that you had to get fired up over this little matter.

Good day sir.

The assumption is that the package will remain the same after August 1st. No reason not to, but Mr. Ergen has a way of surprising people, maybe he made a deal for the STARZ HD channels that allows the Eastern feed of Encore to go into 250 as a way of getting people with 200 and HD to upgrade. I am not saying this is the case, just throwing it out there. Did the brochures come from Dish or were they produced locally?

The assumption is that the package will remain the same after August 1st. No reason not to, but Mr. Ergen has a way of surprising people, maybe he made a deal for the STARZ HD channels that allows the Eastern feed of Encore to go into 250 as a way of getting people with 200 and HD to upgrade. I am not saying this is the case, just throwing it out there. Did the brochures come from Dish or were they produced locally?

I would think they came from Dish but then we make them. I am not 100% sure but they know now that they are wrong.

Well next time why don't you call DISH first before you ask questions then if you know so much about the packages? How about writing the ceo@echostar.com and ask them directly if you want the final reason why they don't include Encore East in your regular top 250 programming. I know they don't because I have the top 250 with dvr advantage on my main account , on my second account for my parents and on my third account for my aunt as an ala carte option fro 4.99. It is not included without buying STARZ.

Well next time why don't you call DISH first before you ask questions then if you know so much about the packages? How about writing the ceo@echostar.com and ask them directly if you want the final reason why they don't include Encore East in your regular top 250 programming. I know they don't because I have the top 250 with dvr advantage on my main account , on my second account for my parents and on my third account for my aunt as an ala carte option fro 4.99. It is not included without buying STARZ.

Kstuarts pony aside.:)

Yep. Before I had the hd absolute I had the 250. As Mike says Encore East is not the the package. Encore West and the other Encores are in the 250.

I am just going to take this post as you are having a bad day or someone peed in your wheaties, because I don't recall anyone knocking on your door. As I stated in my last post I asked a question and got an answer and posted my reason for asking. Being that there are alot of intelligent people here I felt comfortable about asking the question. What I didn't appreciate is the attitude given back when asking a simple question, I wasn't 100% sure so I asked and that is it. Of course it really doesn't make any sense to give a customer all the Encore channels with the 250 pkg but not the Encore E....but that is just me.

Have a good day sir!

Last edited: