Uplink Activity Report - 7/17/2008 12:55pm - 128 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Jansan, thanks for the link. According to the article, Encore has 31M subscribers. Also, the article notes that Starz, which owns the Encore channel, is itself owned by Liberty Media Holdings. This indicates the relationship between Liberty and Dish is pretty good.

Fitzie

tinydoughboy asked "why isn't Encore included with the other Encore channels..."

The reason is co-marketing. I had forgotten, but when I called originally to subscribe only to Encore, the CSR said "why don't you get the Starz package too? It's just *** dollars more" (I don't remember the actual amount, something I considered nominal). So, I actually ended up with Starz and Encore, just because I wanted Encore. And then I started liking Starz too, so I never regretted my decision or even their co-marketing.

There's never much point in blaming a company for their marketing strategy designed to enhance the bottom line. They're in the business to make money, and their stockholders like it. We as consumers just have to suck it up and move on...:)

Fitzie

I am just going to take this post as you are having a bad day or someone peed in your wheaties, because I don't recall anyone knocking on your door. As I stated in my last post I asked a question and got an answer and posted my reason for asking. Being that there are alot of intelligent people here I felt comfortable about asking the question. What I didn't appreciate is the attitude given back when asking a simple question, I wasn't 100% sure so I asked and that is it. Of course it really doesn't make any sense to give a customer all the Encore channels with the 250 pkg but not the Encore E....but that is just me.

Have a good day sir!

Well don't ask a question if you don't like the answers you get back. And it was your attitude in your response to my initial answer that " you knew all about the programming packages because you sell them" that warrented my second response. Yes it makes no sense to exclude encore east from the encore pack unless it is used to market the starz channels as well as a marketing tool. I don't take the time to respond to every post and I made the mistake of trying to help you. IT won't happen again.

You have a nice day .:rolleyes:

The 17 channels are uplinked and announced for August 1st, it is not susprise that you guys find bantering over the East and West feeds as aomething to talk about in the uplink center, since there is nothing expected to happen until after August 1st.