Uplink Activity Report - 8/14/2008 12:02pm - 2 changes

D

DigiSAT Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 8/14/2008 12:02pm - 2 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 08/14/2008 11:02A - 08/14/2008 12:02P

Channel Type Changes:
9420(138) - TNT EchoStar8 110W TP 07 ConUS beam changed from MPEG2 HD to MPEG2 HD ViP (A)
9423(383) - HDNMV EchoStar8 110W TP 07 ConUS beam changed from MPEG2 HD to MPEG2 HD ViP (A)

Channels in the system: 5520
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers

Is this a transition step so that they can switch them from MPEG-2 to MPEG-4?

Also, are these channels mirrored on 61.5 or 129? If not, doesn't that mean a bunch of people just lost 2 popular channels?

I understand the change, but why just those 2 and not the rest of the MPEG2 HD channels.

Only thing I can think of is this will get non-VIP customers to call in.

That was the sound of the OTHER shoe dropping. :)

From yesterday's uplink these two channels were mirrored on channels 6201 and 6202. So when some one tunes in to TNT and finds its missing, they call Dish. Dish tells them the channel now requires ViP receiver and sets them up with an upgrade. The the CSR tells them the channel can be seen on 6201 until he gets the new equipment.

tsduke...

The reason why not all at the same time is to try to limit the number of calls that pour into the call center at one time. Not everyone watches the same channels at the same time. So if you do it to one or two channels at a time, the calls are much more staggered than if you affect all the channels and EVERYONE calls at the same time.

This is the way they have been handling the international moves too.

See ya
Tony

Ok, that would be a tricky but logical move for them to make... IF they had the new equipment available! I've been reading in other threads about people being promised 722s but delayed for weeks because neither E* nor the private installers have any... Maybe they've got some 622s in reserve?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts