Uplink Activity Report - 8/15/2008 12:02pm - 4 changes

I don't know what ya'll are talking about. I am still seeing USA hd on 110 sat. ARe you talking about the eastern arc by chance?
We are talking about a channel which has been added for Eastern Arc which some receivers which had access to 61.5 were receiving. Mine was, but currently is not. There has been not report of the channel leaving 110 sat and nobody has implied that in this thread. The report says it was added to 61.5 sat though.

USA HD is now available on 61.5 TP 19.

So no more on 110? It simply amazes me that DISH has all this room at 61.5 to move more channels there when they claimed bandwith issues for most of last year. Nothing has changed in the way of more satellites being added( not counting the new one going to 110 by the end of the month) and yet they can afford to move another channel to 61.5 sat on top of all the spotbeams they have turned on for hd locals as well. Does anyone know if and when they are ever going to move all the internationals off of 61.5 and move them to 118 only? I am sure that moving the rest of the internationals off of 61.5 + the mpeg 4 bandwith savings of 7 hd channels on one transponder should allow even more hd channels

By the way I am now getting the USa hd channel off of 61.5 as well.

You forget about all the consolidation of internationals and locals they did on 61.5. And as it stands now there is still one TP on 61.5 that is active and has no video streams on it. But it is always good to have a spare factor up there.

But will ALL internationals eventually move off of 61.5 and conversely the 148 satellite? IS the plan to get internationals Off of 118 ONLY? I never understood the reason why DISH wasted so much bandwith on their existing satellites by duplicating international channels on so many of their fleet; at one time it was on 61.5/148/121/118 .

But will ALL internationals eventually move off of 61.5 and conversely the 148 satellite? IS the plan to get internationals Off of 118 ONLY? I never understood the reason why DISH wasted so much bandwith on their existing satellites by duplicating international channels on so many of their fleet; at one time it was on 61.5/148/121/118 .

Two reasons:
1) Aborted Plans
2) Contracts signed and inertia started before plans were aborted.

The reason for 148°/61.5° is simple. 61.5° is difficult to receive west of the Rockeys and 148° is impossible to receive on the east coast.
121° was the first attempt to consolidate Internationals, however the resistance to the enormous SuperDish, installation horror stories from both installer and subscribers conspired to doom that plan. Remember all HD were originally supposed to go to 105° and all Internationals and some HD were supposed to go to 121°. That plan exploded on Dish the instant they turned on AMC2 at 105° and found the footprint was not what they expected.

So 121° is now down to two lonely international channels. One a la carte Armenian TV station and one Public Interest channels they have to keep up there until the contracts/FCC mandated time-frame expires.

61.5° will be emptied of internationals more international channels a bit at a time.

148° will keep the mirrors for nothing more than keeping the satellite slot in use so Dish doesn't lose that satellite position for possible future use.

See ya
Tony

USA HD is now uplinked to tp 19 at 61.5° as well as tp 17 at 110°. Subscribers with a dish at 61.5° check your USA timers!!! This uplink may have screwed up your USA HD timers! It did for me and a gazillion Olympics timers as well as all other USA programming I had set to record on my DVR!

Anyone understand why there was a problem ?

Both feeds were on channel number 9431 mapped down to 105.

Why should it affect timers ?

118.7 should also empty out of HD LiL when 129 goes up. This will free up more space for internationals.

Of course some probably would live HD internationals. It would be interesting to see Dish launch some of them when they have the satellite space. 10 TPs are currently being used for HD LiL. Hopefully Ciel-2 will take care of all those markets.

I actually had to talk to tech support yesterday for an unrelated issue and asked him about the internationals move as it would affect my setup. He said that a bunch more channels were slated to be moved begining in September, but he didn't have specifics on what would be moved first.

ok i "moved" to Orlando but im in PR i was getting usahd from 110 now cant get it from 61.5 because that transponder (19) is too weak what can i do to get usa hd from 110?

ok i "moved" to Orlando but im in PR i was getting usahd from 110 now cant get it from 61.5 because that transponder (19) is too weak what can i do to get usa hd from 110?

I told you yesterday in another thread.

In PR, you need to adjust your 110 dish slightly. Then you will get 110 back. USA-HD is still at 110, it was added to 61.5 .

EchoStar 8 at 110 moved 0.2 degrees in order to make room for EchoStar 11.

In the 48 state area, there should be no interruption, but in the Caribbean, Alaska, Hawaii, etc. you will need to readjust your dish.

Then in a few days, EchoStar 11 will arrive at 110, and those areas will need to adjust again, but EchoStar 11 is much stronger in PR and HI than EchoStar 8, so you will be happy about that ! :up

If he is receiving signals from 61.5 the receiver will choose that slot anyway regardless of the signal level from 110. One would need to block the signal to the 61.5 LNBF in order for the receiver to chose 110.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts