Uplink Activity Wednesday, November 16th 2005

Status
Please reply by conversation.
SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
Great. There's a bit of hope. :) Do you guys see full EPG info. on the Voom 11 and ESPN 2 HD?

There is EPG info for the VOOM 11, but it is not program info.

There is program info for ESPN2 HD.

There was very minor Activity today. Some changes in one of the Software Download Channels.

I thought Scott was told that SBC abandoned that project. Guess not...

So, has anyone heard or seen anything else about these new HD channels being uplinked? It sure would be nice to have some fresh HD content!

drsiebling said:
So, has anyone heard or seen anything else about these new HD channels being uplinked? It sure would be nice to have some fresh HD content!

Nope nothing as of yet.

As soon as it happens you will hear about it here, so stay tuned! :D

Ilya said:
richmert, your remark is off topic, but since it is so offensive to this forum and its staff, it is hard to pass by. Let's set the record straight. Here is your thread in which you linked to TheStreet.com (Not exactly WSJ ;)). One of the mods decided to move it and change the title, which at that time seemed appropriate: It was a day or two after that famous CableVision's SEC filing in which CVC declared that it was no longer planning the spinoff of VOOM and would "pursue strategic alternatives". There were dozens of articles like the one you quoted published during that week, all trying to speculate on what the future of VOOM would be.

As you may recall, you openly complained at that time, and the mod immediately apologized to you, renamed the thread back and even made it a sticky. You thanked him for that and even wrote this: "I dont mean to be a pain. You guys have a lot to keep track of and you do a great job." It's all in that thread: have a look!

So, why do you have to bring this up again, almost a year later? Can't we just put this to rest?

i didnt want to ruin a good thread so i resisted answering ilya until now. it looks like this thread has run its course so i will try to explain and hope someone understands.

ilya..... you need to check which kool aid you are drinking my friend. i do apologize for mentioning that i quoted the WSJ when i really quoted thestreet.com. it doesnt matter. my point was that it was the truth and it wasnt in the VOOM forum as Scot mentioned but it was in the Dish forum. BFG moved it to the VOOM forum and changed the title. he admitted to changing it but he never changed it back and never moved it back to the dish forum. these are just the facts. as far as the good job comment. i am sorry my sarcasm was wasted on you but if you noticed the thread was already dead and there is no other comment after that. what did you want me to do cry and go start my own website? no offense scott. i really do enjoy coming here and seeing everything everyone has to contribute. its fun even though everything doesnt pan out. i dont blame anyone for that. i guess its just like mdonelly said how some VOOM nazis got carried away. we were all there we all saw what happened. as far as no one getting paid for doing this. well any entrapreneur or salesman knows there are many ways to get paid and i dont want to offend anyone since they think not getting paid is so sacred but arent groups of people getting sent all over the US to special events and arent some people getting free hardware to test or own or whatever? as much emphasis is put on the importance of donating and becoming a pub member i have to think someone is receiving a benefit from all that money. not that every schmo like me isnt benefitting from the information here but please dont tell me no one is benefitting from the donations. im not accusing anyone of getting rich on this deal but please dont be such a martyr about it. not when we have to read endless posts of how the pub members get the best and newest information and the rest of us dont deserve it. i definitely think the pub memebers desereve better than the rest of us but please dont tell me there is no money when i see HD reporting from NYC.

just my 2 cents.

i dont want anyone to get upset thats why i waited to post. this is just the way i see things. if i am wrong please correct me.

thanks

richmert said:
as far as no one getting paid for doing this. well any entrapreneur or salesman knows there are many ways to get paid and i dont want to offend anyone since they think not getting paid is so sacred but arent groups of people getting sent all over the US to special events and arent some people getting free hardware to test or own or whatever? as much emphasis is put on the importance of donating and becoming a pub member i have to think someone is receiving a benefit from all that money. not that every schmo like me isnt benefitting from the information here but please dont tell me no one is benefitting from the donations. im not accusing anyone of getting rich on this deal but please dont be such a martyr about it. not when we have to read endless posts of how the pub members get the best and newest information and the rest of us dont deserve it. i definitely think the pub memebers desereve better than the rest of us but please dont tell me there is no money when i see HD reporting from NYC.

just my 2 cents.

i dont want anyone to get upset thats why i waited to post. this is just the way i see things. if i am wrong please correct me.

thanks
I do not get paid a red cent... I do this for the good of the site... get real dude...

Richmert keep it on topic please. This is not the place to bash people and mods.. this is the uplink forum :) Disscusion of uplink activites. BTW no one gets payed here to do this :)

Once again, the vast majority of us appreciate the efforts many of you invest to keep us all "smarter" than our neighbors. Although a small, but vocal minority will often make trouble, the vast majority understand that it will always take 100x the effort to BUILD something, instead of just taking potshots at that work like many "critics" do.

Thanks again.

I thought this was a thread for Uplink activity, all you are talking about is everything but Uplink activity. Just let us know what is happening and when we can see the channels up and running, that is all we are asking... BTW Thank you for your hard work goaliebob99.

I will :) the only reason why i didnt was because the fact that there really wasnt uplink activity lastweek... :) but yes its time to close the largest Uplink thread in history!!!!!! BYE BYE YOUVE BEEN GOOD TO US!!!!!!:river

Richmert,

Please take off the rose colored glasses. :)

No one here gets paid doing this, myself included. The NYC CES thing was easy to do since I live just a little hour away from NYC.

If you guys only knew what it cost to run this site (with a good chunk coming out of my own wallet) you would be shocked. But I have a good wife, and this is my ownly hobby, I don't drink, smoke, bowl etc so I associcate those costs into doing this which is something I love.

Yes Vegas is costing us some big bucks to do, but once again it is coming out of my pocket and I think it will be worth it as we have some big surprises in store which I believe will make it worth it for all.

All of the staff here does this because they enjoy helping others, nne of them gets paid. I will admit though that every year I do give them a little holiday gift as my token to say thank you for all their hard work and dedication. In fact just this weekend my wife and I went out and purchased the staff gifts for this year. In addition I also sponsor the SatelliteGuy of the Year award which goes to the SatelliteGuys member who has worked hard being a true SatelliteGuy, one who goes out of their way to teach others about Satellite. I am proud to do it.

Last year we gave away close to $10,000 in prizes at our holiday party. This money for the prizes came from our former advertiser VOOM. I could have kept it for myself, but instead I turned it around and gave it back to the members of this site.

For this years Holiday Party we dont have the money we did last year, however I am still buying a XBOX360 system out of my own pocket and will be giving it away to a luck SatelliteGuys member at the Holiday party. I believe in giving back to you guys who made us what we are today. Take a look at the other satellite sites which have advertisements and look what they are giving back to their members. (i.e. Nothing)

I should be honest and let you know that EVERY DAY I get at least 3 companies looking to advertise here at SatelliteGuys.US, I could probably be a millionaire just from the site, but instead I have chose to have sponsors here which are QUALITY sponsors you can trust. 99% of the people looking to advertise here are denied. If I was in this for a buck all of them would be sponsors.

Just some things to think about. :)

This past week I was very sick and was away for most of the time, but I am back doing what I love best (besides my family which comes first) and that is always working on SatelliteGuys to make it the best site for you and all of our members. :)

Happy Holidays!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)