Uplink Activity Wednesday, November 16th 2005

Status
Please reply by conversation.
goaliebob99 said:
Nothing yet!!! my wife just took back controll of the tv :( Ive been playing sence 1am :) straight...

As the health meters are burned into the TV.... ;)

I'm sitting this XBox round out for a while...I'm disappointed in MS with no HDMI ports. I still have 3 original XBoxes on the network here that have been repaired....they come broke from the factory.

The Xbox 360 is incredible -- Call of Duty 2 is totally immersive --the surround sound is BETTER than the original Xbox and the HD picture quality is superb.

Don't sit the round out for long!

The Xbox 360 is totally worth the acquisition effort.

Played mine for 3 hours last night after I got it hooked up......

One MAJOR warning for those hooking them up to HD sets: Don't buy the Psyclone Component HD cables from Best Buy. XBox 360 "senses" what cable is hooked up to the unit, and for some reason it absolutely refuses to pass through an HD signal (it keeps saying that the switch is set to "TV" which prevents it from passing the signal -- the MS cable has a slider switchto go between TV and HDTV). There is no HDTV switch on the Psyclone cables (Didn't ANYONE test these things?).

I usually pony up for Monster cables since they seem to be beefier and less prone to interference. For whatever reason, Best Buy DOESN'T carry the Monster Cable for the 360. The sales rep handed me the Psyclone cables which looked fine (and their TOSLink cables worked fine). This sounds like MS's much threatened lack of unlicensed third party support rearing it's head. I wound up using the cable that was supplied with the premium system (no component video cables with the core system, so you may have a problem if you are forced to get a core system (or for some reason would CHOOSE to get one -- don't forget -- you need a $40 memory card for save games, there is no backward compatibility without a hard drive, no component cables, etc..... It just makes NO sense to get a core system, unless you are one of these "non gamer" buyers that MS thinks is gonna buy these things).

I'll start another thread to share first impressions about the unit.......

Back to the original topic, I REALLY hope they turn on the other channels soon. I'm surprised they would ignore the opportunity to seize some more HD viewers during the Christmas shopping season.....

TNGTony said:
Historically Dish does NOT launch new services the day before Thanksgiving. This could be an exception, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

See ya
Tony

Does that include uplink activity? I can understand no new channel launch but are the uplink activities frozen as well?

There is usually a little uplink activity. Take a look at the dish channel chart "changes" archives to see what has happened over the last 5 years. The archives start August 2000.
2000 & 2001 Archives

11/23/00

* "(Coming 11/22 @ 5pm)" removed from E! Style (115). Renamed with proper channel name "Style". Sat. info updated.

11/20/00

* Anyone who complains they were never told that there was a free preview will be shot! Channels 104, 113, 123, 139, 198, 231, 253 and 306 are currently being used to promote the free preview on channels 275-299. All the listed channels are mirrored so only one channel's bandwidth is being used. All the preview channels are also mirrored so no additional bandwidth is being used.
* Holiday Music Channel (secular) activated on channel 981. Holiday music channel listing on 947 removed.
---
No activity before Thanksgiving 2001

2002 Archives

11/25/02

* Louisville Locals (9095-9101) now uplinked to spot beam 9 transponder 4 on E*8 at 110° (anon)
* Omaha locals (9140-9146) now uplinked to spot beam 7 transponder 10 on E*8 at 110° (anon)
* Spokane, WA/Coeur D'Alene, ID locals (9170-9176) Now uplinked to spot beam 1 transponder 6 on E*8 at 110°.* Channel 9177 now uplinked to transponder 29 on E*1 at 148°
* The Guardian Network (9707) is now available to Sky Angel subscribers.* This channels is a satellite channel based on WSFJ TV Lancaster, Oh. Pax affiliate.
* Channels 266-297 added to grid as the AT150 freeview channels.

2003 Archives

11/26/03

* Springfield, MO locals (7220-7226), moved from 105° tp 23 to 110° tp 20 (ANON)
* WOI TV (ABC Des Moines) channel 9110* is now available to local area subscribers. (ANON)
* Chattanooga locals (except NBC) now available to locals subscribers on channels 7030-7036.* Requires SuperDish 105°* available for free with 1 yr commitment to AT50 and up + Locals

11/25/03
* Albany, Missoula, Boise and Madison locals are moving over to E*9 at 121°.* All the local channels in these cities are are mirrored on both 105° and 121° (ANON)
* WUVG Atlanta Univision (8308) is now available to subscribers in the Atlanta area at the 61.5° location. (ANON)* A free dish is available to locals subscribers with no strings attached by calling 800-333-DISH
* WGTV PBS Atlanta (8306) is now available statewide in Georgia.

2004 Archives

11/24/04

* Channels 907-916 became available yesterday to all subscribers.* These channels are mirrors of several Sirius audio channels along with a "slide show" of sorts selling the Sirius stand-alone service as a Christmas gift. (ANON, Rob)

2005 Archives

Nothing so far :)

See ya
Tony

Great. There's a bit of hope. :) Do you guys see full EPG info. on the Voom 11 and ESPN 2 HD? In other words, are they ready to be shown to subs or do you still see anything missing or odd? If it's a matter of waiting for them to just turn on the switch, then great it should only be a matter of a few weeks if the red tape is all done and over with!

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
Great. There's a bit of hope. :) Do you guys see full EPG info. on the Voom 11 and ESPN 2 HD? In other words, are they ready to be shown to subs or do you still see anything missing or odd? If it's a matter of waiting for them to just turn on the switch, then great it should only be a matter of a few weeks if the red tape is all done and over with!
check out the "pub" and order a "drink"

I think he is talking about Seans posts in the pub members forum. :)

When there is any update we will start a new uplink report for this week and will close out this one which was the largest Uplink Thread in the history of any satellite forum. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)