Uplink Activity Wednesday, November 16th 2005

Status
Please reply by conversation.
HokieEngineer said:
Also Sean posted some old voom / new voom comparisons a few msgs up.

Yeah but (no offence Sean) they didn't make much sense except for the obvious Cosmic/SciFi comparison. Why would "Coda" be like "Family Room". (I'm not trying to insult you Sean- I can't come up with good themes for most of them either.)

As long as we're speculating with no info, I'm going to bet that Coda is all musicals. There are tons of old widescreen musicals that don't get shown much. (AMC used to show them constantly, and VOOM shares the same film library, don't they?) And didn't Divine HD mostly show musicals anyway?

OK, I'm SERIOUSLY logging off now...work to do.

(see you all in an hour :) )

So what does this mean if you do not get 129 for ESPN2HD ? Is it only going to be available on that satellite ? I only get 61.5, 110, 119, are I going to be getting ESPN2HD ?

Sizzle HD could be a food channel. Ok, not what some might be expecting.

gameplay? Am I the only one (hoping) remembering that the HD era of console gaming starts next week with the launch of XBOX 360? Currently there's no coverage that shows the new games in HD....

It might be a G4 like channel, only I hope not as lame. Heck, if they just re-produce xplay, cinematech and come up with more mature programming showcasing the HD games I would love it.

but then, I realize that I may be in the minority on this... :D

you mean a channel where you can just sit and watch a live xbox 360 game and people playing in it, now wouldn't that be intriguing :D

I just was re-scanning and I see that Goaliebob said the same thing a few posts back, I must have missed it in my excitement to get to the end of the thread...

Theres 100+ people watching this thread, we need minute by minute updates , even if theres no change ;)

Yeah, I know, Im just waiting for them to go live, tho knowing E they could be up there for months with no change (wouldnt that be something ?)

Right now its all just data in some tables. Looking at the actual data on one of the new transponders at 129, the channels have not "gone live" yet, meaning, there is no data, ie no video/audio.... YET... :D :D :D

Remeber it could be many months before we see these channels....i thought it was funny last night when they were talking about the 5XX series getting NBR they talked about how dish does not like to rush software hardware that is not ready for distribution.... I guess the 921 doesn' count.....

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
Are the 811, 921, and 942 receivers 8SPK-Turbo capable or just 8SPK capable? I hope that these add'l. Voom channels DO NOT require the new 411/211 receivers!

The 942 because Turbo 8PSK compatible with L282, I don't know about the 921 or 811.

Thinkin they might put out a PR release after spaceway 2 goes up? to kinda crap on D* about it? "The CURRENT HD Leader - E*"

Yeee Haaaa!! Go get 'em Charlie! Light 'em up, big time!
BTW, please don't forget to give us our Washington, DC HD locals @ 61.5 while you are at it!

--Doug

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Newbie Needs Help

Will the 522/625 record close captioning?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts