Uplink Activity Wednesday, November 16th 2005

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wow, I am right on the good edge of that 129 footprint. I doubt I'll ever need it though.

So you mean to tell me they are going to shut out the big city, populated Northeast and Florida out of a national channel like ESPN2HD ? They really have to be kidding on that one.

Yes there's no way ESPN2HD would only be going on 129 when a bunch of major markets cant even see 129.

I think they put it there to do some testing, but right now it's pointed out that there's nothing there except the id and epg anyways so really nothing to speculate on

This is definatly wierd... and dish is doing something.....

All of todays voom uplinks on 129.... is now reading 00.00 (as of this afternoon) Yet when you check out the channel it still says 129.

I'm thinking dish is waiting on content. also espn2hd showed up on 148 a few min ago.. now its gone... also on 148 9980 (HDTS5) user defined is mixed in with sd channels.. Dish is definatly doing testing.... Im assuming that this is hd test 5...

Dish is up to something.... The question is what ? and when will all this wonderfull hd lite up???

I know that there is talk going on over at dbstalk about this. This morning everything looked good to go.. and now its looking like place holders. I would chime in over there so we can figure out what exactly is going on and try to put our heads together for the benifit of you the coustomer and both sights. But sence im on vacation I'm currently unable to do so. If you would like to follow that conversation you can HERE. All of the TPS are in qpsk at the moment.. And the 129 location is braudcasting null packets with the exception of espn2.

How come I can't see P. Smiths posts? This is probably the 3rd time I've seen his name as the most current post, yet when I come to the thread there is no post! :confused:

Goalie yea I've seen the same stuff. John confirmed the 129 switcharoo in the NIT. The TPs at 61.5 aren't even turned on yet. Here are the interesting things:

The voom TPs on 129 are listed as qpsk 5/6. Thats only ~33Mbit. However they've only put 2 channels on each, so that should be just fine for mpeg-2 HD. Sizzle, cosmic, gameplay are the exception 3 on 1 TP. Nothing else really stands out at me on 129..

On 61.5, they stuck the new voom channels on qpsk 3/4 TPs. This makes very little sense and as Smith has commented might just be placeholders considering the TP isnt lit up yet. qpsk 3/4 with 3 HD channels is NOT enough bandwidth. Unless mpeg-4 is involved. I really really doubt this though.

So, I guess we're left waiting for the next move :)

Hokie Unless there doing extremley hd Lite :) :D but they way the channels are 3 to a tp... makes it look like all those might get swtiched to 8psk as soon as they go live.

As far as P. Smiths post's Scott is the guy you would want to talk to on that. Im just a peon here :) and have no controll over that stuff :)

So talk to scott and lets keep it on topic :)

Since this thread has the most audience,

Can someone go to the "Point Dish" screen and try to select 129? It's gone in my 811, 311s and 501. It used to be there. It's never been there in the "Peak Angles" but it was there in the Point Dish option.

Can somebody else confirm this?

Edit: Should be more specific, for those who don't have a dish pointing at 129.

RandallA said:
Since this thread has the most audience,

Can someone go to the "Point Dish" screen and try to select 129? It's gone in my 811, 311s and 501. It used to be there. It's never been there in the "Peak Angles" but it was there in the Point Dish option.

Can somebody else confirm this?

Edit: Should be more specific, for those who don't have a dish pointing at 129.

yes you can randal. Wherever that other thread went that we were talking about it, I put how to make 129 pop into your screen setup :)

Wow! This is cool and great news. Now, if I can find a friendly East Bay installer to move my 148 dish to 129 that won't charge me an arm and a leg, would be even better... :D

I am techincally challenged :eek: :eek:

I don't think everybody should be worried about moving your dishes from 61.5 to 129 just yet. The only thing on 129 that isn't on 61.5 is ESPN2HD. I think BFG is right when he said that they are probably just testing it there. They will probably move it over to 110 with the main HD pak once they have all the receivers updated and they can switch everything over to "TURBO" 8psk. This is just my opinion though. My only DISH source is the pimply faced kid at the Radio Shack down the street and he hasn't heard of a 942. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts