Uplink Activity Wednesday, October 19th 2005

Ah, I forgot about the screenname. And no I don't surf. It is misspelled from the surf shop. I have driven by a zillion of those billboards on I-95 between West Palm and Melbourne. They are usually pretty nice billboards.

Well just to make sure that you understand, I wan't complaining about the wide subject swings. I just think it is interesting. I am surprised that a language discussion began. I actually can speak knowledgably about spanish dialects in different American countries. And was interested in the discussion.

I am not as interested in surfing, even though I am the subject of all of the threads.

Three staff members chiming in just made me want to make sure I wasn't misunderstood.

ronjohn said:
Well just to make sure that you understand, I wan't complaining about the wide subject swings. I just think it is interesting. I am surprised that a language discussion began. I actually can speak knowledgably about spanish dialects in different American countries. And was interested in the discussion.

I am not as interested in surfing, even though I am the subject of all of the threads.

Three staff members chiming in just made me want to make sure I wasn't misunderstood.

No your not misunderstood :) Nore did i take it as a complaint.. I thought it was intresting to.. Welcome to the forum RonJohn ;)

you would think sence D* has networks and now Detroit up.. Dish would get that ass a moving :) The bandwith is there.. West coast is up.. whats the hold up on turning on a TP and Lighting up the whole east coast with Network hd.... what they could do is go ahead and light up west coast and give me west coast.. hell network hd is network hd.. I dont care what time i get it.. (nice for time shifting as i can get it via ota anyhow) Im looking forward to network hd as I will be able to record two network things at once.. like abc and NBC.. I had to cancell a few of my wifes recordings on the ABC HD feed.. switch it to ABC SD... so I could watch Fox in HD.. this is getting annoying.. real quick..

Yeah, 99.999999% of us dont care if our HD networks are local or national, but they do, as they want there local ad insertion for the $$

Like me, here CBS and FOX are O+O, but NBC and ABC arent (and dont you know the only signal that drops now and then is NBC), so id still be out nbc and abc, and i dont think that anyone is paying the affiliates, now if it was like $2/month/channel that went directly to the affil, i dont think anyone would have any issues, as the only ads my local puts in during primetime is for Dodge RAM trucks, and im sure as hell not gonna go out and buy one !

ronjohn said:
Its kind of interesting how an uplink post can morph into a discussion about the grammer and dialects of another language.

Its also interesting that people on a sat tech forum can discuss details of grammer and dialects of another language.

:clap :clap :clap

This has to rank for me as one of the funniest posts I've ever seen here!

Brad

This is weird... I just did a nightly checkup and im seeing something totally weird that I havent seen before.. (I have seen ghost Nits before when dish is moving things around.. but I havent seen this)

<A NAME="nit_38120"></A>Network Name: <BR>Network ID: 4106 (0x100a)<BR>Transport Stream ID: 38120 (0x94e8)<BR>Original Network ID: 65535 (0xffff)<BR><FONT SIZE="-1"><BR>Descriptor: 0xff: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff (Edited for reasons) 00 00 00<BR>Descriptor: 0x00:</FONT><BR><HR ALIGN=LEFT>

we might possabley see some movement of channels tonight.. if anything changes I will post in the morning :)

Any of you tech gurus know why this would happen?

goaliebob99 said:
This is weird... I just did a nightly checkup and im seeing something totally weird that I havent seen before.. (I have seen ghost Nits before when dish is moving things around.. but I havent seen this)

<A NAME="nit_38120"></A>Network Name: <BR>Network ID: 4106 (0x100a)<BR>Transport Stream ID: 38120 (0x94e8)<BR>Original Network ID: 65535 (0xffff)<BR><FONT SIZE="-1"><BR>Descriptor: 0xff: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff (Edited for reasons) 00 00 00<BR>Descriptor: 0x00:</FONT><BR><HR ALIGN=LEFT>

we might possabley see some movement of channels tonight.. if anything changes I will post in the morning :)

Any of you tech gurus know why this would happen?

Not sure if its related, but if you read on the dark side, it seems as though Charlie is trying some countermeasures against the pirates.

I was at a tailgate all night so I haven't had a chance to check out the stream yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts