Uplink Activity Wednesday, September 7th 2005

hey psmith im trying to get on that tp but some reason it wont lock. None of the HD transponders will lock any idea why? BTW i did change the sr rate to 21500 so it should be all good to go... Im also gonna post this in the FTA Section to see if i can get anyhelp there

I just got a call from the floor of the CEDIA show, and I am being told Dish IS showing of MPEG4 and that they have a lot of HD they are showing but they won't say where it is coming from.

Is it off of 148?

IT LOOKS LIKE SOME OF ITS OFF OF 148 AND THAT COULD EXPLAIN OUR OTHER 2 TEST TP'S ON 129..... THAT APPEARED.. YEASTERDAY.. MAKES SENCE.. hey scott sence your there why dont you snag on to an mpg4 hd box and send it to me usps.. LOL

lol, you cant tune them because they are transmitting in 8psk. Theres very few custom dvb/fta setups that can tune those channels in :). Even further complicating things is they are probably transmitting mpeg4 payload. Jeeeesch. P. Smith knows the guy who knows things about 8psk fta I think ;)

Scott Greczkowski said:
I just got a call from the floor of the CEDIA show, and I am being told Dish IS showing of MPEG4 and that they have a lot of HD they are showing but they won't say where it is coming from.

Is it off of 148?

What HD channels are they showing off??

I have them from 148 satellite :); I'd like to correct our EEs here ;) - that tpn#13@129 working now in Turbo QPSK mode, not 8PSK; anyway still not accessible for you goalie to get them using _regular_ DVB-S card.

from my readings online turbo Qpsk mode is another mode on the bird that DOES hd and doesnt overload the bird like how 8psk does.. (What I think we all agree on is that its hd.. ) But what type of hd it is is unknown.. Personally if its MPG 4 or 2 it really doesnt matter I still want to know what is On that **** bird.... behind the curtian.. I think there is something Huge behind that.. after all why would dish make it so easy for us to beable to view uplink activity but make it sooo hard for us to view hd channels they r testing.... Right now im looking for software that will decode MPG 4 and A (8 psk) and (turbo PSK) demodulator and not spend big bucks..

Smith said:
I have them from 148 satellite :); I'd like to correct our EEs here ;) - that tpn#13@129 working now in Turbo QPSK mode, not 8PSK; anyway still not accessible for you goalie to get them using _regular_ DVB-S card.

Hehehe, hey thats just a BS in EE ;) You're right about the turbo stuff though. I got confused when I looked at your outputs at dbstalk and the html files stated 8PSK for tspnder 13. I believe I'm starting to wear out google on looking for a method to decode mpeg4 streams.

Goalie: It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, now would it :cool:

NO it wouldnt but at the same time its a pain in my ass and cauzing me to have an anurizm... lol :)

That turbo stuff is just a tease to us all too !!!! now heres a question what is the diffrence between turbo qpsk and normal qpsk????????

goaliebob99 said:
NO it wouldnt but at the same time its a pain in my ass and cauzing me to have an anurizm... lol :)

That turbo stuff is just a tease to us all too !!!! now heres a question what is the diffrence between turbo qpsk and normal qpsk????????

Heheh I can see that!

The difference is turbo allows for a higher symbol rate without increasing the error rate. Of course the receiver needs to support turbo coding.

Technical information on most dbs coding systems, including turbo qpsk, check out table2.
http://www.aha.com/show_pub.php?id=129

Dish uses 8psk turbo for their regular HD channels (espnhd, etc).
Some FTA HD use 8psk DVB-DSNG.
All the 20000ksym tranponders use QPSK.
These new transponders use QPSK + turbo (TPC).

Note that 8psk turbo gets the highest spectral efficiency.

Smith said:
I'm affraid you will not find a 8PSK card for affordable price :(. BTW, there is no SOFTWARE solution for you.

Dont ever say no.... or never... thats like saying it cant be done.. just because it cant be done right now doesnt mean there isnt a way.. Im sure there is a way but no one has discovered yet or veary few have... its just a matter of time before I find it..

DISH network for tailgate

Considering Switch -- Programming Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)