Uplink Forum Default Sort Changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HDRoberts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Cleveland, OH
The uplink forum used to have a default thread sort based on time posted rather than last post, which is the default for the rest of the forum. To me, sorting by post in the uplink made sense as it would put the most recent changes at the top. But now, it seems to behave like any other thread. Anyone else notice this?

And I do know you can change it with the dropdown at the the bottom, but it does not seem to stick, and it is annoying to change it every time.

From the main Dish Network Forum, if I click on the Last Post thread link for the Uplink Center sub-forum, I don’t get that thread (from today); I get an older one instead (one from 2/7). This is the only thread link I’ve seen this happen to. Database indexing issue, perhaps??

I tried on 8 different machines here in the office plus a number of browsers and all loading correct thread for me.

I wonder if its something stuck in your cache.

We did have some server oddities yesterday caused by the Cpanel guys working but all of those issues are fixed now.

That's strange because I tried it on two different PCs, one IE7, one IE8, and I get the same consistent behavior on both, even after clearing the cache. The Uplink sub-forum is the only one that it happens to, every other sub-forum link I've tried works correctly....

Interesting...

I am seeing it now but not in the forum itself but outside the forum.

So if your in the DISH Network forum and see the 3 sub forums, you can see the last post listed there. If you click on that last post its not taking you to that post, its taking you to another one...

However if I go into the Uplink Center forum and click on that thread it displays fine.

Odd!

There is a new version of our forum software out which is supposed to fix a lot of bugs, but I have been nervous to load it because as we have seen in their recent releases while they fixed a bunch of bugs they added a bunch more new ones. :)

Tonight when I get home I plan on doing some more server work and may upgrade us then.

I really HATE this new software. :D

I just had a brain fart and may have figured it out...

The Uplink Reports are not considered real forum posts by the site until someone replies to them. If you ever noticed the uplink reports are posted by Nobody. The uplink report is not a member of the site. I did some trickery to get the forum software to import the uplink reports and its something I wrote myself which is why no other forum has fully automated uplink reports. The software was written back for vBulletin 2 and I am actually shocked it still works today with vBulletin 4 since so much has changed. :D

What I think is happening when you click on the latest new post from the Sub Forums menu it takes you to the post that a MEMBER last posted in. Since the uplink report is a fake post from a non member it skips it.

So what I did is I just went in and posted in that thread and now when you click on the latest post it works correctly since a MEMBER posted in that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)