Uplink PC Question...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DishTester

Original poster
Oct 19, 2009
East Coast USA
I read a few threads regarding the uplink pc.

I am trying to setup something similar where I can extract out the tp/channel data direct from the satellite and put together a live sql table of all the channel info.

Unfortunately TSreader wont work with my nexus-s card, but I have tried MyTheater to do some recording of the pid 11 and converting the hex to a bin and using the getstb app but all I get is missed packets.

Of course I have no real clue but would like to be able to pull this off. Can you tell me would what you do work with the ligh version of TSreader or what version you would recommend?

I would also love to know the exact dvb equipment being used on the uplink pc, I beleive I heard a mention it was usb, would love to know the brand/model so I can be assured I have the comaptibilty to pull this off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any DVB card that works with TSReader will work. You can read just the SDT and NIT PIDS to one file then pull out the info you need. You also have to watch out for errors in the data stream and correct for them.

Don't even worry about trying to use the decoding NIT/SDT in TSReader. Dish reuses channel numbers across several beams/dma markets and it throws TSReader off since its rules are each channel gets a unique channel number and that's not how it is.

To clarify, would that mean the TSreader lite version would do the job? I haven't had the luxury yet of having the app open yet till my new card comes in ;)

I still would love to know the name the dvb card or usb that you use :)

To clarify, would that mean the TSreader lite version would do the job? I haven't had the luxury yet of having the app open yet till my new card comes in ;)

I still would love to know the name the dvb card or usb that you use :)

I believe the Lite version will do it.

I've used several... a cheap Twinhan card, DVBWorld usb adapter, and a genpix 8PSK module to USB adapter. The card doesn't matter as long as it can tune the signal. Only reason I have the 8PSK is to check out the bitrates on HD channels for members here.

I have been comparing the data posted on The List for all of DN sub and the uplink reports and notice a difference in the number of records within the reports and the full list here and there is only 5191 records?

Was wandering what the differnce is?

The List does not contain the data channels and certain other non-viewable channels.

If you're looking to duplicate the uplink reports, there isn't any software out there that can do this. It is custom written software.

Last edited:
I have been comparing the data posted on The List for all of DN sub and the uplink reports and notice a difference in the number of records within the reports and the full list here and there is only 5191 records?

Was wandering what the differnce is?

TheList is filtered of all the EPG virtual channels for the OTA subchannel data, and a few other things that would make TheList hard to use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)