Uplink Report for Wednesday Feb. 15th 2006

True, but they will be required to take those 3 channels off of 61.5 by this summer to comply with the 1 dish locals rule. So it looks like we'll be able to get rid of our 61.5 (unless you have internationals there).

lakebum431 said:
True, but they will be required to take those 3 channels off of 61.5 by this summer to comply with the 1 dish locals rule. So it looks like we'll be able to get rid of our 61.5 (unless you have internationals there).

Under the one dish rule all LIL Sd channels have to be on one dish.. it could be possible that we see some easter sea board LIL move completely off of 110/119 and go to 61.5. Also LIL Digitals are not applicable under this law. So it is possible also to have ones SD channels coming from a one dish solution from 110/119/129 while seeing there hd LIL coming from 61.5. you also forget about sky angle :)

Do we have a list of what cities Local HD's will be added?? Has anyone heard anything on Oklahoma City or Tulsa??

Yeah I was glad to see that they were on the list. But I was just courious if anyone knew of a list that showed when Dish plan on adding Local HD channel by city.

My luck, boston HD locals are available, and I can't get them (heh) (namely as i dont have a ViP box, but that is besides the point)

In time... In time, I just think 18 months is too long

dishrich said:
Which bird is it on? :confused: (since St.Louis is a split market ;) )
WPXS TV, RTN affiliate is now available to St. Louis locals subscribers with a dish pointed at 61.5°. (ANON) St. Louis locals subscribers who do not have a dish pointed at 61.5° are entitled to a FREE dish with Free installation and FREE equipment necessary to receive the channels by order of the FCC. All subscribers have to do to get the FREE dish is call Dish Network at 1-800-333-DISH. There are no strings, commitments or restrictions on this as long as you are subscribed to the St. Louis locals at the time you order your dish and have it installed.

Courtesy of Tony and the EKB.

Yes that's exactly the info in the first post of this thread.

Chicago, Boston, and Nasville all have HD LIL available.

Fellas...
I'm confused. With all these new internationals launching on 61.5 instead of superdish and people claiming that superdish will go away. Are we going to see international channels on superdish moving to 61.5?

I'm getting confused with all this Internationals ping-pong. I installed a 121 SuperDish last year to get some of the stuff that wasn't on 61.5 and now they're going to be moving things back to 61.5? I was thinking of re-pointing my 61.5 to 129 for Chicago HD, but then I talked to a CSR who tried to convince me that Chicago HD would be mirrored on 61.5...

kenny911 said:
Fellas...
I'm confused. With all these new internationals launching on 61.5 instead of superdish and people claiming that superdish will go away. Are we going to see international channels on superdish moving to 61.5?

BFG said:
Looks that way.

This makes no since to me, I would think it would make more since to move all Internationals to 121 to free up 61.5 and 148 for more HD locals and HD Nationals on 61.5, E* owns 121, why would they abandon it? I guess they could place some HD locals on 121 and 105 after the SD locals are moved to 110, but then were back to SuperDish instillation's for HD locals combined with a 2nd dish or 4th LNB for National HD on 61.5 or 129 :shrug: . I would also think that it would make since for E* to move some of the HD locals currently on 129 to 110 once E10 is up and operational to make room for more National HD. But since when does E* make since :D .

It wont be. Chicago is only on 129
I know that and I told her so. She said her information was that I'd be ok with 61.5 bur wouldn't give me a timeframe. Judging by past (mis)information coming from CSRs, I'm taking this with a very large grain of salt.

TNGTony said:
For those interested, channel 829 "TEST 7" is currently showing WAPA America (at least that is what the e-mails I have tell me) WAPA America is the national service of WAPA TV 4 San Juan, PR.
www.wapaamerica.com

See ya
Tony
It's reportedly showing something else.. "Peru Magico" TV.. currently anyhow (maybe during this TEST period) ...

Even if they are planning to have WAPA America on 829 .. as reported here:
http://www.prwrestling.com/noticias/4179.php .. - the current content of 829 is NOT Wapa America....

Talked about this as well, ...somewhat, in this thread - Posts #46, 48, 49.. and some previous posts as well:
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=52832&page=2

Does anyone know when "current tv" will be added. My 811's power board decided to go out on me the other day. I had to what a day before my friend from dish came the next morning to install a 411 so I plugged up my FTA box and scanned to see what it could get and current tv popped up. I got to watching it and it was a very good channel. Needless to say that it was a very liberal run channel that had alot of stuff about the war and the free speech type of thing.